How do you rearrange the order of photos in an ideabook?

Sharon Herbst

I can do it on the app using my iPad but can't do it anymore on my iMac. Have tried both Safari and Chrome and it doesn't seem to be a browser issue. I used to be able to do it in Organize mode by dragging and dropping but that no longer seems to work. Any ideas? I really would prefer to do it on my iMac.

SaveComment4Like
Comments (4)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lindsey W.

Hi Sharon! So sorry to hear this. You can still organize photos within an ideabook on Houzz.com. While in "Organize" mode, click on the photo, but hold down for a few moments then drag the photo into place. If you are still running into any issues, please reach out to us through help.houzz.com and Support will be happy to help!

Save    
L D

I cannot organize my photos as described in the Houzz app on my phone. Is there another way to do this? Thank you.

Save    
Haoyu Chen

Hi @L D, what I did is to hold the item on ideabook and then move the item around in the same ideabook, could you try that? Thanks!

Save    
L D

Hi, thanks for the reply @Haoyu Chen This isn't working yet. My saved items are now designated as photos or stories. When I press down on an item, it asks if I want to copy, share etc the link, rather than allowing me to move the picture around as before. Maybe it's a formatting issue with my saved items?

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Kitchen Design Trending Now: 25 Kitchen Photos Houzzers Can’t Get Enough Of
Use the kitchens that have been added to the most ideabooks in the last few months to inspire your dream project
Full Story
Architecture The 16 Most Popular Exterior Photos on Houzz This Year
Readers saved a wide range of home styles to their Houzz ideabooks in 2017. Which idea will you borrow?
Full Story
For Pros How to Use the Latest Ideabook Features for Pros
Learn about new ways to save and organize photos, profiles, stories and more
Full Story