SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theresavalls

Average cost to paint kitchen in Portland, OR?

Threresa Valls
4 years ago

I'm using my CoronaVirus stay at home time to research a kitchen cosmetic update. The current kitchen was done in 2007 and the layout is just fine. However, the cabinet paint quality was not very good--showing wear near the sink and oven. Can anyone give me a sense of what a high quality repaint might cost? I wont be painting the interiors (except on the glass cabinets). I attached some photos of the room and also the wear that is occuring. Thank you for any information you can share that will help me set a budget for my redo. There are 32 cabinet doors and 6 drawers. And of course, the walls, doors and window frames/sashes need painting too. Thank you!

Comments (3)

• PRO
    ProSource Memphis
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

If you want a professional grade job, with a true cabinet coating, then expect to pay at least 5K-7K for cabinets to be done. For the top experienced choice in your market, you may be at 7-9K. Always ask the exact steps, and the exact products. If you wanted someone who used trim pant, and a two year result like you have, you’d DIY! Although, after 14 years, that’s not too bad!

Threresa Valls thanked ProSource Memphis
  • User
    4 years ago

You don’t want a wall painter painting your cabinets with house paint. You have separate jobs there.

Threresa Valls thanked User
  • PRO
    Rockin' Fine Finish
    4 years ago

looks like a solvent lacquer they get brittle and break down. we are using milesi 2k poly here in Seattle and it's great and lower voc

Threresa Valls thanked Rockin' Fine Finish