What’s up with Houzz again?

djacobz568sewi

I have noticed that comments are sometimes posting twice. Some times there is a “best answer” widget. I don’t know where that comes from because I never marked my own posts as such. Finally, when there is the widget, I generally can’t like the post. Anyone know what’s up with this?

SaveComment5Like
Comments (5)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lindsey W.

There is a new feature called Best Answer, where the person that posts a discussion is able to mark a comment that they feel is the best answer to what they posted. The comment that is marked Best Answer may appear twice - once at the top to feature it, and then again where it appeared in the conversation, so people reading the full conversation can still see the comment in full context to the thread. If you have any other questions, please feel free to shoot us a line through help.houzz.com and our team is happy to advise. Happy Houzzing!

Save     Thanked by djacobz568sewi
djacobz568sewi

Well I have not marked any answers in my posts as “best answer” but they show up anyway. Do I have control over this option or does Houzz? I just thanked you and your answer was marked best, but I did not mark as such. I still don’t get it.

Save    
Emily H

If you have created a post, you are able to select the Best Answer while logged into your account. If you have not selected one, our system will make its best guess based on other factors, but your choice will overside that when / if you select one. Thanks!

1 Like Save     Thanked by djacobz568sewi
Amy Lynn

This feature doesn't even make sense. I've seen "Best Answer" tags on comments that are just asking a question about the post, or comments basically telling the poster how dumb or out of date something is. It's not a useful feature at all and is just annoying.

Save     Thanked by djacobz568sewi
djacobz568sewi

Emily and Lindsey from houzz, this feature makes no sense. Why does Houzz feel the need to add this feature? People reading the answers in the order they were posted, will make their own decision about the best answer, by commenting agreement or by liking the post. Reading the best answer (supposedly) at the top of the post is not even logical. We read the posts in the order posted. So it doesn’t make sense. I was not able to change the best answer and make a different one. I think most of us users don’t like this feature. I have seen many complaints about it in the forums, but no one is bothering to comment to Houzz.

2 Likes Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Life Data Watch: What’s Great, and What’s Not, About a Smaller Home
Houzz asked more than 200 U.S. homeowners about life in 1,000 square feet or less. Here’s what they said
Full Story
Fun Houzz Houzz Call: What’s on Your Refrigerator?
Magnets, menus, children’s art, coupons, perfect-attendance certificates, song lyrics — what is fridge-worthy in your house?
Full Story
Kitchen of the Week Kitchen of the Week: What’s Old Is New Again in Texas
A fresh update brings back a 1920s kitchen’s original cottage style
Full Story