SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jfswain67

Gray paint for most of house with SW Creamy trim?

jfswain67
4 years ago

We are moving in to a new house, and have to choose paint colors quickly. The trim throughout the house is SW Creamy, and the cabinets are either the same color or something very close to that. The house has an open floor plan on the main level and into the loft in the upstairs, so most of the house needs to be the same color. I really prefer gray walls to beige, but am stuck with the Creamy trim since we aren't repainting all of the trim upstairs. I painted some samples in the house today, and the Revere Pewter probably looked the best with the trim and backsplash color (sort of a brown/taupe tile), but it is too dark I think to do for most of the house. I liked the way the Agreeable Gray looked too. Is it ok to paint the walls Agreeable Gray if the time is Creamy? I think it looked ok, but don't trust my own decorating sense and would appreciate thoughts from others. If the Agreeable Gray won't work, any thoughts on another gray that would work with Creamy, but isn't too brown/beige?

Comments (18)