SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mcd595

Quartz dilemma! Sereno Bianco, Hanstone Montauk, Ella or Caesarstone?

4 years ago

I fell in love with Vadara's Sereno Bianco quartz for my kitchen renovation,

but today I found out from our fabricator that I would have to shrink down the overhang on the side of my island by 5 inches if I choose to use this quartz. We currently have a 17 inch overhang along the front of the island and 15 inch overhang planned for the side of the island. I'm not sure I want to sacrifice the layout of the island because it will throw the symmetry of the back wall off. The fabricator provided me with a sample of Hanstone, Montauk as an alternative. I like quartz that has some depth like Caesarstone's London Grey, but I'm also looking for a quartz with some veining. In the running are: Hanstone Montauk, Caesarstone London Grey or Statuario Maximus, Cambria Ella or Vadara Sereno Bianco. Again, my favorite one is Sereno Bianco, but I'm not sure if I should shrink the island size down for that color. Perhaps one of my other colors will work. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!! Quarantine is making going to see slabs very tough, so online help would be amazing! I'm including a photo of Sereno Bianco with a sample of Hanstone Montauk in front of it and a photo of an inspiration kitchen we love. The inspiration photo has a similar island color and white perimeter cabinets which is what we're doing as well. The inspiration photo ironically has Hanstone Montauk pictured.

Comments (21)

• 4 years ago

Those sound like very decent overhang sizes, and reducing either of them by 5" is going to leave people bumping their knees against the wall underneath. I would select a slab that meets your requirements.

mcd 595 thanked Aglitter
  • 4 years ago

Thanks for your reply!! We were just told that the fabricator can do the Sereno Bianco at a total length of 123", so we'd only lose 2" of the overhang. Feeling much better about a 13" overhang.

• 4 years ago

Yes, the 17" would have been nicer, but a 13" isn't horrible. I think the NKBA recommends 15".

• 3 years ago

@mcd 595 what quartz did you ultimately go with. I have a similar short list and need to pull the trigger. any photos or reasoning for your pick you can share would be appreciated. thanks!

• 3 years ago

I too am trying to decide between Sereno Gold and Montauk. Does anyone know which is more cost effective?

• 3 years ago

@mcd 595, do you have photos of your finished kitchen?

mcd 595 thanked JJ Mekai
  • 2 years ago

Same. We went with Montauk as well. Very happy.

mcd 595 thanked Molly H.
  • 2 years ago

@mcd 595, your kitchen is gorgeous!

mcd 595 thanked JJ Mekai
  • 2 years ago

@mcd 595 may i ask what colour white you chose for your cabinetry? we are choosing montauk as well ...thx

mcd 595 thanked Brenda Wilson
  • 2 years ago

@mcd 595 - I love how it all turned out!! Congratulations! When reading your favorite quartz's, the names totally rang a bell with what we liked also! Could I ask you for the link, or details on the backsplash?

mcd 595 thanked Jane Truong
  • 2 years ago

@Brenda Wilson - mcd595 “more info” showed cabinets are BM White Dove paint.

mcd 595 thanked Karen
  • 2 years ago

Cabinets are painted White Dove by BM. Walls are Revere Pewter and Hale Navy BM. Coutnertops are Hanstone Montauk. Hope this helps!

• last year

@mcd 595, Hanstone Montauk is simply beautiful. I used Hanstone Chantilly for my kitchen but I'm using the Montauk for my bathrooms and I can't wait. I just love the warm ivory, grey and white colours and they go very well with the existing tiles. I don't want to redo the tiles (bathroom reno is too costly, lol). With a nice BM paint colour like Natural cream or maybe white dove like you did with your cabinetry, I think it'll do the trick. Thank you for sharing.

• last year

i am looking at Montauk for a bar area the cabinets are charcoal with a blue undertone. can anyone tell me what the base color appears of Montauk. sample at store looks like a green undertone any comments would be great

• last year

Definitely not green. we just installed montauk with simply white cabinets and hale navy island and i am so pleased! It’s more of a blue gray undertone in my opinion…i think it would look amazing with charcoal!

• last year

@Susan Gignac I'd call it a pearly warmish white-grey base. My island is blue and it compliments beautifully. I wouldnt say it has any green undertone at all to my eye but I imagine it depends on the light. The veining throughout is both cold and warm with blue and gold. It can work well with a lot of colors.

• last year

@abena, Do have pictures of your the chantilly kitchen? we are looking at installing with hale navy and white countertops?

• 8 months ago

@Brenda Wilson we are considering a very similar color scheme (Hale Navy Island with either White Dove or Simply White perimeter cabinets) for our kitchen remodel -- any chance you would be willing to post a few pics as we are struggling a bit with trying to choose a countertop? Thank you!

• 8 months ago

Sure, i can tomorrow during daylight 😉

• 6 months ago

@mcd 595, do you remember the ceiling paint and trim colors? Light can make things look different in photos but it looks like maybe White Dove trim and something lighter on the ceiling.