SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
venicemolly

Should I increase depth of cabinets so Wolf Gas Range installs flush?

Molly H.
3 years ago

Help. I have to make final decision on cabinet order. I understand the door should sit proud and that is part of the look of the professional style range. I prefer the look in many catalog and magazine photos where it appears more flush than with standard 24" base cabinets, either with a decorative trim or deeper cabinets or just bumping cabinets out from wall when installed. Our cabinets are custom and we have option of any depth at no additional cost. Should I go with 25-25.5" and 26.5-27" countertops?

Has anyone done this and if so, what measurements and option did you go with? Any damage or discoloration of paint to surrounding base cabinets over time? I have read threads about possible heat escape and not to mess with it, but I have seen in so many kitchens I wonder if it is actually a likely problem or just a warning I can ignore and still sleep at night.

I have read everything printed by Wolf and there is no specification for max lower cabinet depth but everything else is clearly specified.

I have purchased the 2020 Wolf All Gas 36" 6 burner range.

Thanks!

Comments (19)

Sponsored
My Kitchen And Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars48 Reviews
Virginia-Based, Leading Kitchen and Bath Remodeler Since 1994