Houzz Isn't What It Used To Be

judithahall

When I first joined Houzz, I loved coming to the site for inspiration, discussion, browsing and shopping but the allure and fun have faded. The site has become too all-inclusive, consequently browsing, seeking out inspiration or participating in discussions is too time-consuming, so many boxes to check, trying to nail down what I'm looking for is like working my way through a maze. If I receive a notification that someone has responded to a comment I made...forget about trying to find my comment, I can't find the discussion without a 20-minute search! It seems like the website has become geared more toward finding professionals for hire or getting professional opinions on specific projects. For me, the fun has gone out of Houzz, anyone else?

SaveComment7Like
Comments (7)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lindsey W.

Hi there! Are you getting notifications via email? If so, when clicking on the link in the email to navigate to the discussion, is the link directing you to the correct discussion as intended?

Save     Thanked by judithahall
judithahall

Lindsey, I am receiving notifications via email. I click on the link and I'm always directed to the discussion I commented on. Most of the time, the discussion has pages and pages of comments to sort through in an effort to find my comment and the reply. If it takes me longer than 5-10 minutes to locate my comment, it's a waste of time.

Save    
Haoyu Chen

Hi @judithahall, sorry for your frustration to find your comments. I am not sure if you access discussion through browser or app. But if it's from browser, there is another way. you could go to comment tab under your activity page -- https://www.houzz.com/activities/user/judithahall/comments

We are trying to bring those activity pages to discussion homepage and it will be available soon. Thanks!

1 Like Save     Thanked by judithahall
KarenS, NYC

Speaking of notifications via email: it's new that I'm getting these & don't want them. I find them intrusive & don't need or want them (am on the sites daily w/out them). I wish to turn them off, pls advice how. TIA

KarenS, NYC

Save    
judithahall

Haoyu Chen, thank you for directing me to the activity tab, one problem solved.

Save    
Seabornman

KarenS, go through settings on the app and you'll find all the notifications that you can disable. I, too found hundreds of Houzz emails in my secondary email account.

Save    
KarenS, NYC

Thanks Seabornman, I went there & found 'Advanced Settings' & tried to turn off most notifications. I appreciate your help. Let's see if it works.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Inside Houzz Cover Your Floor in Virtual Tile Using Houzz’s Enhanced App
By Houzz
The updated View in My Room 3D tool lets you virtually cover your space with tile to see how new flooring would look
Full Story
Inside Houzz Using Houzz: Create a Home To-Do List
See how to use an ideabook to keep track of your home projects this year
Full Story
Apartments Houzz Tour: Fearless Use of Color in a Chicago Co-Op
Works by Matisse, Miró, Rothko and others inspire a striking renovation for an art-loving couple
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More