SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ty3114

Kitchen Cabinet Organization help?

4 years ago

Just moved into a new home with tons more kitchen storage - want to start off on the right foot and organize it efficiently and intelligently; also want to avoid overcrowding shelves like i i did in my old house because we didn't have enough room, so i've been good about purging redundant and unused items. At some point, i plan to add an island with additional storage

Here's a few pano shots of my kitchen:

Having some trouble deciding where things should go, and will elaborate on particular areas below...

there are a couple spots i think i've got figured, but am open to alternative suggestions:

i think the uppers to the left of the sink should definitely be dishes; the 3 lower drawers below that are: hand towels, thrn ziplocs, then foil + parchment paper, etc;

The uppers to the immediate left of the stove are spices and oils; the lower pull outs to the left of the stove are: silverware far left, then potholders and oven mits.

the lowers to the left of the stove are pots and pans

the uppers to the right of the stove are glasses and coffee mugs. i am not liking that configuration much, and want to get at least the drinking glasses over with the dishes.

-the first trouble spot is the skinny upper to the far right on the glasses. right now i've got coffee, tea etc in there; i'd rather move the coffee machine and toaster over by the large full height cabinet, but i'm not sure theres room for the drinking glasses and mugs in the dishes cabinet so they're together.

-my second trouble spot is the full height cabinet - it's narrow, but deep. seems like it should be pantry items, but i'm afraid things will get lost in the back and never seen again - how can i make use of the depth without making it overcrowded?

-the final one is the upper angled corner cabinet - it's deep and has weird "dead" corners on each side because of the trapezoid shape, where things could get lost. Right now i just have baking supplies up there, but it's hard to reach things in the back. thought maybe it would be better for gadgets like the food processor?

Comments (11)