SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dianela7analabama

Summer Romance in Alabama

Carol if you read this post I want you to know I was thinking of you when I decided to write it.

I bought Summer Romance at Walmart 2 years ago. I planted in a pot and barely watered for a year. I read many bad things about this rose not blooming and Madame Anisette that was getting premium treatment was being a pain. Long story short I took pity on the rose and planted it in the ground where it has been getting regular water and afternoon sun. (It would prefer all day sun, it likes it hot). This year for the first time is looking good and has many buds. It is actually one of 4 early bloomers in my garden. We had a huge storm here a day or so that took off a piece of our house siding so many of my blooms are looking rough, but I still wanted to share them.

The fragrance is STRONG!

It does not smell like apples to me Carol but kind of similar to Madame Issac C, but more fruity. Sorry telling what roses smells like is difficult for me. The blooms are giant and almost looks fake due to such thick petals.

I don’t know if it will rebloom (my issue with Madame Anisette). If it does, I will be a must have rose.

full bush shot just getting some blooms. I am pegging the canes down because I don’t want a tall rose there. The tree in the back shades her all morning.

Heart bloom?

comparison to other blooms for size reference

Peony pink Hawaiian coral: sorry older bloom on the peony

Mary Rose on the right

Darcey Bussell: Darcey‘s blooms some times are larger than these show but this is their average size

finally my first bouquet of the year

Comments (31)