SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristy2583

Shade of white for a north facing bathroom

kristy2583
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Top image a composite of the tiles we are using. Floor is the white mosaic with the center tile inset. Shower is white mosaic. Second image is an illustrated schematic of the angles in the room (ignore colors). There is a large north facing window on the opposite wall from the vanity.

Okay, below is taken from a photo from Houzz that rolls my socks up and down. Original cabinets were white but I substituted our cherry breakfront cabinets in photoshop.

Here's my dilemma. See how soft and warm the white looks in the Houzz photo? I am looking for a soft white for both the vanity niche woodwork and perhaps one shade darker for the walls, but I don't want this room to look like a hospital with all that white! It is north facing, so a cool grey undertone is too cold. Rose undertones are nice for your skin in the mirror but don't want it to look pink (my husband would hate that!) And def not yellow-y. Looking at Valspar Mink Frost, maybe lightened a few shades. Finally, should I have the painters paint all our wainscoting and trim a lighter shade of the same color rather than just pure white, as they are now?

Comments (3)