SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fqatzob

Squirrels stripping maples of buds. I'm beside myself.

DCF-Z6A
4 years ago

I actually feel myself going into a depression over this, which is nuts, but I don't think the quarantine helps. We hired a tree service two years ago and it seems to have backfired in the worst of ways. Our two beautiful backyard maples, at least 30 years old, are now being stripped of their buds (apparently tastier now than ever before) by squirrels. Every morning I wake up to twigs and branches with buds covering our deck. After two weeks of this, the trees that provide such beautiful shade over our deck and happened are almost bare. I wake up in the middle of the night dreading what I will find in the morning. I can't move the trees, I can't move the deck and I can't move the house. We live in a wooded area. There's no eliminating squirrel access to these trees. Relocating (or - I can't currently bear the thought - killing) the squirrels will only open the territory to new invaders.

In 26 years of living here, this has never happened before. I'm distraught. I love sitting under those trees and their dappled sunlight.

I'm screwed, right?

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions