SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alex_ellingboe

What’s wrong with my money tree?

Alex Ellingboe
4 years ago

I’m hoping someone on here can help. I have probably waited too long to post this, but I am at a loss for what’s wrong with my money tree. You can see in the pictures below that it has developed some white spots on its leaves, and the leaves have begun to dry at the tips, which eventually leads to the drying of the entire leaf. The tree has sprouted several new shoots, but they seem to stop growing after about an inch, or if they grow bigger, the leaves seem to be deformed. this began about 3-4 months ago in mid winter in Colorado where I live. The tree was in a room that is well lit but by windows that face west. It wasn’t near the windows, so I moved it into another room near a south facing window where it now gets plenty of indirect sunlight every day (It’s not directly in the windows). This has not helped.

I have also repotted the plant after checking for root rot. Even though I didn’t find any, I still repotted the plant with fresh soil Using the same pot the tree has been growing in for over a year. About a month ago I removed all of the severely damaged leaves and wiped down all the remaining leaves with water to remove the dust that has built up on them, as I thought at the time that this could be a mildew problem (maybe it still is..?). As you can see from the pictures, the remaining leaves have developed the same symptoms. I have also used an anti-pest and anti-mildew spray on the tree-something that I had done fairly consistently throughout its life.

I know it could always be a watering issue, but I’m somewhat experienced with houseplants and have not changed the watering routine. The bottom of the pot has gravel base and a hole for proper drainage. Anyway, any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (3)