SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
athena_razis

could use some furniture layout advice for new condo

Athena Razis
4 years ago

Hi! So I just moved into a new apartment, I love it but can’t figure out where to place my furniture. Please ignore the mess of boxes in the photos! Unpacking when unsure where to place anything is a nig! So basically, it’s the living/dining area I’m struggling with. (Seen in photos) it’s an open floror plan- the room photographed begins with the kitchen (where
I’m standing) and then extends to a dining area (with a kitchen island and an open space for a table) then opens up into a larger space past the closet doors to the left where the laundry machines are held. All along the right side wall are floor-cieling windows which give a stunning view of the ocean from the 12th floor with a deck that extends as far as the windows do. The problem is my couch is very large - but I love it and cannot buy a new one at the moment so I need to make it work. It’s grey velvet, and seems to only really fit where it currently is, facing away from the window towards the tV. I’ve tried using it as a divider and having it face the far back wall, but the bedroom entrance is to the left after the closet doors and it leaves very little room to pass through without knocking yourself against it or the wall. Another option I was thinking was having it along the wall where the tv is (it just fits) but then it would mean the tv (which I plan on getting a wall mount for) would have to at an angle to the couch- which could look awkward I think. I would like to display in prominence somehow the two IKEA Shelving units, I also would like to put my large, full length, gold framed mirror on the floor leaning against a wall. I originally thought behind the couch- but not if that means blocking the view. - I intend to buy a gold/black metal/glass coffee table, a colourful accent chair, a bar cart in gold and lots of standing green plants. I also have a mirrored vanity that doesn’t fit in my bedroom or my bathroom- so I was thinking of using it either as a buffet table underneath the tv once it is mounted to the wall to hold the cable box and DVD player or behind the sofa as a console table. There is also a nice piece of exposed brick in the middle of The room between the dining areas and living areas which I’m not sure what to do with. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Comment (1)