SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_320222068

What can I do with this awkward, tiny living room?!

Paige Lee
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hey guys! I am in the process of moving into this less-than-ideal apartment for a year, and am really having trouble getting inspired. ...to say the least 😅. Any help would be so greatly appreciated!The main issue is this awkward living room. I knew it would be teeny tiny and a bit dated, but it doesn't seem to have many redeeming features :[. I am hoping that perhaps clever design can be the redeeming feature here LOL.The issues I see so far:1. The front door opens directly into the living room. No entryway.2. No obvious focal point. At all.3. There are 3 entrances: Front door, dining room, staircase.4. The water heater closet, thermostat, and stairs are in the only area one will see upon entry through the front door.5. The AC is on the floor, to the right of the front door, blocking one of the few potential furniture placement spots.6. There is no symmetry anywhere.7. The biggest blank wall space (to the left of the door, upon entry) is cut short by an irregular chunk of wall, making things extra tiny and asymmetrical for seemingly no reason lol8. Did I mention it is TINY?9. It is just dated and needs serious love.GUYS. Please save me ♡. Trying to be optimistic and motivated! I am sure there are more challenging spaces that have been pulled off beautifully! What can I do here?!
Ps. This is my first post on Houzz! How do I add the pics?!

Comments (11)