Who does this? Letter in NYT

bleusblue2

Who brags about his television ratings when hundreds of people were dying every day?

Who talks about how important he is on Facebook with thousands of deaths likely in the next week?

Who sends out his inexperienced son-in-law to talk about "our stockpile" when what is needed is a united, singleminded effort to get equipment to every hospital where it is needed?

Who attacks a reporter for asking a president to reassure American citizens in regard to their fears in the middle of the biggest threat to individual civilian life in American history?

What president mocks a state's governor who says his state will need 30 to 40,000 ventilators when that state is facing a growing crisis that is clearly the biggest medical challenge faced in more than 100 years?

Who tells state governors to show gratitude when all they want is for the national government to help them in their solemn duty to save the lives of their citizens?

What kind of president dares say that governors pleading for medical equipment should not even be called back if they aren't nice enough?

What kind of president constantly brags about what a great job he is doing when the threat of 2 million deaths is actual and 200,000 deaths would not be unexpected?

What kind of leader openly promotes an untried and unproven medical treatment, raising hopes among families desperate to see their relatives alive again?

What president will say he "won" no matter how this comes out?

letter from Doug Terry

SaveComment18Like18
Comments (18)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gizmo

That's our Dear Leader!

Sounds like the name of a sitcom....Gawd, I wish it was so we could change the channel...

4 Likes Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

I think there were several here on hot topics have said Trump is a danger to all of us. I know I have. But this is just too much.

3 Likes Save    
Nana H

I recall saying sometime ago that I feared for a national emergency which would lay bare Trump's incompetence. I just never thought the emergency would involve the deaths of thousands and thousands of Americans.

4 Likes Save    
jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)(9b)

He's unfit for office.

From the NYT:

The president wasn’t supposed to do a briefing today, but has told several advisers they are free tv and high ratings for him.

Save    
dadoes

Question to all the peeps who selected him .... How's your business-man-that's-what-we-need-to-fix-this-country president doing now?

1 Like Save    
tvq1

Blues--I "liked" your post, but only because houzz doesn't have a "This is 100% the truth and it really makes me angry" button....

2 Likes Save    
bfox254

Question to all the peeps who selected him: PART 2

Why is that guy who "tells it like it is" continually lying to the American people?

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Doug Terry must be just another big fat Trump hater who will saying anything to keep the fire burning.

Save    
bfox254

Question to all the peeps who selected him: PART 3

Trump's now metaphorically standing on 5th avenue having done the deed. Are you still with him? He told us all you'd be that foolish.

2 Likes Save    
barncatz

Fank Bruni's column:

He leaps from tone deafness to some realm of complete sensory and moral deprivation.

“I want to come way under the models,” he said on Friday, referring to casualty projections. “The professionals did the models. I was never involved in a model.”

At least this kind of model,” he added. No context like a pandemic for X-rated humor.

It’s an extraordinary thing: to fill the air with so many words and have none of them carry any genuine sadness or stirring resolve.

I can hear his admirers grumble that he doesn’t do camera-perfect emotions, that Obama was just a better actor, that Trump is the more authentic man.

To which I answer: What’s the point of having a showman for a president if he can’t put on the right kind of show? Performances count, even if they’re just performances. And Trump clearly isn’t averse to artifice. Just look at his hair.

A cheap shot? I’m feeling cheap. A loss of life and livelihoods on this scale will do that to you.

As of this writing, at least 9,600 people with the coronavirus have died in the United States. That’s more than three times the number killed in the Sept. 11 attacks. New York State alone reported 630 new deaths on Saturday . No school shooting has taken even a small faction of as many lives.

And while I’m not looking to Trump for any panacea, is it too much to ask for some sign that the dying has made an impression on him, that the crying has penetrated his carapace and that he’s thinking about something other than his ratings? I watch. I wait. I suspect I’ll be doing that forever.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/opinion/trump-coronavirus-empathy.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

5 Likes Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

As I've said before, any defense of our horrorshow, demogoguing president at this point is just a friggin' joke 😡

And who's laughing?

2 Likes Save    
how2girl

People lack normal empathy, or the ability to feel what others are feeling, when something has gone wrong in their brains. ... Psychopathy, a general term for illness of the mind, can result in a lack of empathy, causing various forms of antisocial behavior.

...and with slumlord Jared front & centre in charge, there is 0 likelihood of any empathy. Look at his track record.

They don’t work for you, you are their customers.

2 Likes Save    
blfenton

You are their audience.

1 Like Save    
vgkg (Va Z-7)

What president will say he "won" no matter how this comes out?

Trump - That's a Sure Bet.

2 Likes Save    
bleusblue2

queenmargo

Doug Terry must be just another big fat Trump hater who will saying anything to keep the fire burning.

~~~

"What kind of president dares say that governors pleading for medical equipment should not even be called back if they aren't nice enough?"

1 Like Save    
vgkg (Va Z-7)

^^^ A Dicktator.

3 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Must be my survival instinct kicking in - I find this response - so knee-jerk - funny.

Funny - laughable, not Funny - weird (though it may be both).

Save    
Olychick

Terry will not say just anything - only the truth is written there.

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Houzz Call Does Your Home Have a Hidden Message?
If you have ever left or found a message during a construction project, we want to see it!
Full Story
Houzz TV Houzz TV: Love Letter to a Small Midcentury Find
A 630-square-foot 1956 home captures its owner’s heart. See it when it was new and now
Full Story
Features Oscar Time: Does Your House Have Star Quality?
Private homes are a hot commodity in the movie industry. See how one landed a role in ‘La La Land’
Full Story