Tiger King Netflix

Lisa

Ok - tell the truth. who's watching on Tiger Man. Did Carole kill her husband? Is Tiger King crazy?

SaveComment20Like
Comments (20)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cattyles

I can’t watch anything about animal cruelty. The show has definitely gotten attention.

2 Likes Save    
chipotle

Zero interest.

2 Likes Save    
palisades_

I heard it’s interesting. We’re going to watch it next, after finishing Sense 8.

Save    
Lisa

‘Tiger King': Joe Exotic Says He’s ‘Done’ With Carole Baskin, Wants to Be ‘Free Man’

https://www.thewrap.com/tiger-king-joe-exotic-says-hes-done-with-carole-baskin-wants-to-be-free-man/

Save    
barncatz

Haven't seen it and am with cattyles. I'm still distressed about the guy who had a wild animal zoo, unlocked all the cages and killed himself. Authorities ended up shooting the animals, I think, when tranquilizers didn't work. The article I read had a vivid passage about a neighbor who went out to bring his horse in and found a lion staring through his fence. He haltered the mare and walked her some distance to his barn. That image of calm courage has stuck with me.

I also just read the interview with the Tiger King filmmaker who said the formerpartner/owner of the zoo would probably end up losing the remaining tigers to starvation since no one was visiting. I think netflix should step in and get the animals to sanctuary. Ugh.

1 Like Save    
dandyfopp

It is about cults and criminals, familiar territory in the Donnie age.

1 Like Save    
Lisa

dandy: Really. You people see politics in everything. These events started more than 20 years ago.

I was trying to post about something other than covid-19 or politics.

1 Like Save    
jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)(9b)

I watched it because some of it is local (Tampa). There are some very weird people out there. It's funny because somehow I got on Carole B's mailing list so I get her magazine and emails but I don't remember signing up.

1 Like Save    
palisades_

I haven't watched but I'm guessing if you like Big Brother or Housewives or The Batchelor and get your jollies from watching

I don’t watch those reality shows which many people enjoy. But I don’t make a guess until I watch a few episodes of the Tiger King and see if it’s worth continuing.

Save    

I think it's quite different from the reality shows (which I don't watch). It is actually a documentary. The director filmed Joe Exotic who was actually being filmed by another guy so it's like a movie within a movie. I never knew what a racket the exotic animal business and zoos are so I think it's important for people to see for themselves. There is so much wrong with the way these people operate and I think it's a good thing that they were exposed for what they are - exploiters.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by Lisa
olliesmom

I watched it. I live in the same state and, until this documentary, I had never even heard of Joe Exotic or his zoo. I think she did kill her husband. And, I think Joe was set up on the charge of hiring to kill Carole Baskin (sp?).

Save    

Based on what information? Joe Exotic saying so?

Save    
olliesmom

I just don't think he would be THAT stupid, to have videos of him saying he hated her and then blowing up dolls that looked like her, etc, etc. and then to go through with it. Everyone who followed Joe and Carole knew how much they hated each other. It just looked like he was set up to me. Look at the people around him. People who testified against him, were all very shady and lied and wanted money from the guy that runs the zoo now.

Now, some have changed their minds, from saying he did to now he didn't. Also, the guy who worked there for 4 years (I think) was never even interviewed. He would have said Joe didn't do it. They are all liars, and most convicted felons, with the exception of Joe at the time, so who to believe??

Save    

Well, I'm sure not believing Joe Exotic. And many of his former staff members would agree.

You saw something with your very own eyes, the words came out of Joe Exotic's mouth, it's on film for posterity and you think that Joe Exotic was set up? Joe Exotic has a big mouth and it got him into lots of trouble, plain and simple.

Save    
Blanche Dubois

Joe Exotic's main convictions were for animal cruelty. That's what most of the prison term was.

2 Likes Save    
olliesmom

jerzeegirl, of course, I am going by the documentary, just like everyone else. What many staff members are you talking about? There weren't that many staff members we heard from, on the documentary. The only staff members are the ones who wanted something from the NEW zoo owners. They were hoping to get a piece of the pie, so to speak, if they threw Joe under the bus.

FWIW, I believe most documentaries are biased and not 100% accurate.

I'm glad they have opened up a new investigation on Carole Baskin though.

eta: I am not a fan of Joe Exotic, by far. He actually grosses me out. LOL

Save    
miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,others)(8a)

My kid loves it. I literally just bribed her with watching an episode with her if she goes riding with me.

We have only watched 3/4 of one episode so far and I am appalled so far, I’m sure new levels of horror are in store.

Save    
maddielee

I watched because we don’t live far from Big Cat Rescue and had heard that we personally know a couple of the characters. (We do.)

if you took the time to watch the documentary take the time to read the article linked below.

Big Cat Rescue refutes The Tiger King

Save    
queenmargo

I just finished watching the entire series on Netflix. WOW, I had never heard of this Joe Exotic or even knew he ran for office.

I do think Carole needs to be looked into much closer along with each and everyone that Joe was involved with. I forget off hand who the other big cat guy is, not that Jeff Lowe but the one with the 7 or so wives/partners.

What an eye opener. They are talking about a movie about all this when the pandemic is over.

Makes me see what a quiet life I live.

Save    
queenmargo

So much bad teeth with these people........Ugh, is there a warning label on Meth on this horrible side effect!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Fun Houzz Take a Behind-the-Scenes Tour of Netflix’s ‘Grace and Frankie’
Set decorator Beauchamp Fontaine explains the design decisions behind the home sets featured in the new Netflix series
Full Story
Most Popular Binge on the Design of ‘House of Cards’
Pull up a seat to Netflix’s addictive political drama for sets and fashions rife with intrigue
Full Story
Fun Houzz Our Favorite ‘Gilmore Girls’ Decorating Moments
The new Netflix miniseries revisits the 3-generation TV family. Join us on a tour of their homes and hangouts
Full Story