SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artemis_ma

Friendship. Needing my 15 characters for the title.

artemis_ma
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I happened to post a political opinion on my FB page (which is something I rarely do, actually). One of my supposedly good friends took major offense, despite my not resorting to cheap name calling. (That behavior is why I've essentially left Hot Topics.) Okay, I'm just venting here. I made my case for my opinion. And I know she views things differently than I do. THAT is fine and good. But now - and especially in these difficult times when we are pretty much shut in home alone - I find that her response is sickening - she will no longer "visit" or converse. Anything I now post (and the majority is non-political) is dead to her. I used to live near her when I was back down in Connecticut. She's obviously not ever a real friend to begin with, if a political stance is more important than the things that brought us together to begin with.

SO, yes, I am just venting. But I'd think in these days and times, keeping connections would beat out political views. I actually try to remain friends with people who think differently than I do - I may LEARN something.

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County