SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
krlang

Help Beloved Living Room’s Soul to Sing!

krlang
4 years ago

We moved to our dream home this year and I’m slowly curating with our most favorite things. Here’s where I need your creative help! I finally have a fireplace in my living room (swoon!) I refinished it with a large concrete looking porcelain tile that I love! But now my Ballet White walls, the missing symmetry...hmmm. What to do? I use this room a lot. For sipping wine, enjoying fires, friends (oh, those were the days) family games (on not yet purchased cocktail table). I chose what’s here- on purpose! Rug, sofa and chair fabric- a start! And now I’m just stuck! It’s an oddly built room that lacks symmetry of any kind and I’m faking symmetry by current furniture placement even though I know it’s not the best flow! Fireplace is askew, window placement, floating wall to the right, floating wall behind, French doors that are begging to be blown out for sliding glass wall (hubby says hell to the no!) So please. This room has a soul and it’s just waiting to sing! The fireplace wall? We’ve thought feature? Walnut slats? Cool textured wallpaper? Dark “cheating heart” paint since used in other areas of home (exterior trim, front door, kitchen island)... or maybe that new shade of green that 2020 is lovin’? I’m on hold from buying other fabulous furniture until there’s a plan! Share ideas! Give me advice! Fireplace wall, symmetry (lack of) and ideas of furniture to help this room sing! You are all amazing. So thanks.

Comments (31)