SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theweelander

Are there plant hanging pots with attached saucers larger than 13"?

theweelander
4 years ago

I have many hanging houseplants that go outdoors in the summer. I need pots with an attached saucer (self-watering style). The current pots are many years old and need to be replaced. I can get new 12-13" diameter pots at the big box stores but the depth is only 7-8". I've searched online but can't find anything larger.

The plants are Neomarica gracilis (walking iris) and epiphytic cacti so the pots need to be able to hold some weight. And I'm sure they would all be happier with a deeper pot. The iris must hang due to space constraints and cats. I've tried the clip on style saucers before but the roots can't get to all of the water since the saucer sags below the pot and it's hard to find a size larger than 10"; and when they fail, they make a huge mess.

I'm thinking my best bet is to pot up into a non-hanging self-watering pot (these tend to be deeper and can have larger diameters) and make a heavy duty macrame hanger out of something weatherproof. I've got strong hooks inside and out that can take the additional weight. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting