SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_459222784

Decor advice- new home, bachelor

Dominic Robinson
4 years ago

Hi all,

I’ve been looking through photos in search of finding a living room layout similar to mine on Houzz for some decor inspo and have been unsuccessful. I just purchased my first home and I’m totally lost on how to decorate certain rooms of it. While renting, I always opted for apartments with hardwood floors and open floor plans which to me, made it much more simpler to create a masculine vibe. I now have wall to wall rainswept gray carpet, gray walls, and not so much of an open floor plan in my living room and I’m struggling to think of nice decor concepts. At the moment, I have been advised that a sofa/chair, sofa/loveseat, a coffee table, and end table would be particle furnishings. (see layout For 11x10 space. )I was thinking to use the wall with the door for a TV so I was thinking something similar to the picture attached. I do like the color scheme in that picture as well. Living room suggestions ? Also, that wall with the entry, what will go there ?

Next up is the kitchen. I bought a Hampton counterheight table with gray upholstery chairs and that’s about as far as I have gotten. I was thinking maybe farmhouse. I’m seeking guidance for counter accents and windows. Do I add curtains? As you can see I’m use to buying bulky furniture. Did I make a poor decision going square and counterheight vs round and normal sized ?

I know this is a lot so thank you in advance for all of your tips. I’m looking forward to receiving them.

Comments (9)