SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
snowgal

TV console size and decor around

snowgal
4 years ago

i have my TV sitting low on console about 20" height and 60 inches long. It looks very similar to this:

LaFayette 60" Low Profile TV Stand, Black Finish · More Info

I want to raise it up more to be in the middle of the wall and above a unit that can provide some storage. I am not sure I want to hang on wall, I would rather set in on the unit. I have found sites that state 25" inch from floor, but seem to notice more people are going higher as the wall heights are getting taller. I don't like tv above fireplace for many reasons, mainly just to high for us.

I like these examples or just white or wood open shelving.

option

option 2

Questions: what is the 'rule" or guideline for the size of consoles to TV? currently have 55" diag will go to 60" soon. TV should be how much shorter than the end of the console? does the sofa have any barring on the console? longer or shorter than sofa? Should I leave it low and just decorate around?

Then for decor around the TV, are pictures ok to put on sides? can you just leave the TV?

Here is a rough floor plan for reference. The potterybarn examples are just inspiration. I am looking for budget friendly alternatives or using a buffet or server which may be better option. My area is very casual, more transitional; no farm house, no formal, no beach house

If many of us are staying a home, we can atleast get our homes in order, thanks for help. stay safe.

Comments (2)