SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
itsme1004

Help! No place for a large TV in the living room

itsme1004
4 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Just bought a new condo, and while there are plenty of windows, there is VERY little wall space. We are having trouble figuring out how to layout our furniture, and a big debate between me and my husband is where to put the TV. (Photos below aren't of our furniture - this is the previous resident's).

My husband insists we have a TV in the living room so we can watch it while cooking, eating, etc. I've relented on this point. So that leaves us with TV size and where to put it. There are only two pillars where the TV could go - both aren't very wide - probably only 40"-50" across. I cannot stand the thought of having a TV wider than whichever wall/pillar it will go on. To me, this just looks ghastly. He's suggesting we build out shelves around the pillar to accommodate a wider TV, but I don't think that will look very nice. And either way, the TV would be wider than the pillar. I'm trying to figure out a solution here... husband wants a big TV, but I don't want it to be bigger than the wall it sits on. Has anyone ever mounted a TV that's wider than the wall it sits on - that looks nice??? Is there a creative solution here?

Comments (17)