SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heatherpoppy

Countertop Color Choice is Not As Expected - Already Installed

Heather S.D.
3 years ago

We are remodeling a beach condo in Florida, our vacation home and we live in another state. For the kitchen and bathroom countertops (which are the same), I gave a sample to the contractor of Quantum Quartz, Ocean White, which is a bright white with light gray veining. She chose another brand to work with (Hanstone), which I was fine with as long as she could match up the color. She told me that Hanstone's Monterey was a match to the Ocean White color. Due to the timing, and needing to make a decision quickly, I didn't have time to go out and see the color in person - I now realize, this was a giant mistake on my part. Online, it looked to be a match, but now I'm realizing photos can be deceiving especially with cool vs. warm tones.

Unfortunately, now that the countertops have been installed (and I've only seen pictures, not in person) the Monterey appears to be a light gray, which I absolutely did not want. I wanted to keep the colors bright white and warm within the condo because it's a small space, and felt this would work best.

Here are my questions: I don't know if

a) I'm making a big deal over nothing, and maybe they look fine as is but I'm stewing because it was not what I was expecting - would love another opinion; and

b) IF I do decide I can't live with it, how would this generally get resolved?

Thanks so much for any advice, opinions or words of wisdom!

Attached photos:

Pics 1 & 2) This is what I wanted! Ocean White sample of tile I provided to contractor and a pic of Ocean white on the manufacturer's website

Pictures of how Hanstone Monterey actually looks in kitchen:

3) Picture of how it looks in bathroom

Comments (24)