SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_113612562

Poor Tile Installation?

Laurie Simpson
4 years ago

We’re in the middle of a tile project in our bathroom and I feel that the job is sloppy. So far the contractor has fixed a couple things, but I still have a pit in my stomach thinking that overall this is just a bad install.

I‘ve had him redo a couple of things already like the tiles stacked right on top of each other next to the niche. Also before he started the job I explained I wanted the same trim around the niche as around the windows. He built it and the trim won’t fit.

The inner niche tile don’t line up with the outside.

One of the walls looks saggy to me.

It seems to me that some tiles have too much of a gap at the corner and around the window.

I feel like there shouldn’t be little slivers in the corner, but if there are they should at least go all the way down. These slivers just taper off and it drives me crazy.

He also had the trim staggered over the top row on one wall and then directly lined up on top of the top row on the other wall. When I asked him to fix this he was upset and the kept saying “I’ll do it the way you like it.”

I've noticed several tiles have chipped corners.

He had someone come in to clean our tub and our brand new $200 faucet was ruined with the chemicals. When I told him about it he said he’d replace it with something from Home Depot.

The contractor said I was being too picky and that it will look good when grouted.

My question is should this be completely redone? Can I ask for a refund and have someone else finish the job? Even if he agrees to redo it I don‘t have faith that he understands the basics of the job.

Thanks!

Comments (66)