SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shawn_grauer

Need help with backsplash color

Shawn Grauer
4 years ago

Please help with advice on backsplash color. These ivory cabinets & busy granite will be the death of me. :( I'm attaching several photos. The first is the original backsplash (like a taupe/gray). It didn't really match the counters & the busy design clashed with the busy granite. We knew we were going to replace it, so we decided to use it as a pallet to paint a couple different colors to see what it would look like on a big scale with the cabinets & counters. We tried picking up one of the lighter colors in the granite & match the cabinets so it's a good flow (see subway tile in photo - we were considering that simple tile with a matching grout). But that seemed kind of boring/stark, so we tried putting a grayish blue on the wall to match the decor in the rest of our house (kitchen is open to living room). That didn't work out either because it drew attention to the difference in color between the ivory cabinets & white crown molding. We then tried a lighter blue (no photo) which was the same issue, so we went back to the original (Revere Pewter, which is what our whole main open area is). Then for the backsplash we tried to pick up one of the darker colors in the granite, but wasn't sure if that is too dark for a kitchen. Thanks so much for any advice. :)

Note- I know the granite looks slightly different, depending if I used flash or not. The flash seems to bring out the peach in it. It does have a somewhat peachy undertone, but not as bad as the flash portrays.

Comments (9)