SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
raj_sodhi90

Wall oven (and maybe fridge) decision

Hemraj Sodhi
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hello, we are rebuilding our house after the 2017 California fires and I am stuck on the appliance selection, and especially the refrigerator and double wall oven. The refrigerator (42") and ovens will be side by side so the same brand would be preferable, but we could live with nonmatching styles if it makes more sense. We have been proposed either a Jenn Air combo or a Sub Zero/Wolf combo. We are leaning towards the Sub Zero/Wolf, but I have read that the reliability of the high end ovens is not great ( https://blog.yaleappliance.com/most-reliable-wall-ovens) and I would hate to spend a ton of $$$ for something that might break a few years down the road. I looked at consumer reports but the Wolf is not rated, as far as I can tell. In terms of use, we are not heavy bakers/entertainers. but we do enjoy making homemade pizza every week and pies/quiches. In the hypothesis that we go with Sub Zero with the fridge, but mismatch the oven, what should we do? As much as the Whirpool is supposedly the most reliable, I really do not like the look of it. The kitchenaid wall oven looks nice and might pair pretty well with the Sub Zero; the CR reports are pretty good, but not so great according to the link above. Bosch seems to be the opposite.

What would you guys do? Should we just stick with the Wolf and hope for the best? Or...? I have been agonizing on this choice for the last several days and we really need to make a decision.

Thank you so much!!!

Comment (1)