SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erindesantis

What did we get into? 1970's chalet/cabin with lots of potential

Murphy621
4 years ago

Good Evening Houzz Friends-

My husband and I just bought our "on paper" dream home- a base camp for outdoor activities in the NE four seasons- skiing, hiking, biking, kayaking, etc. - under 1000 sq ft, situated on some land in the woods. I truly love it and not just because A frames are trendy. it's the perfect place for our little family of three (we have a 4 y/o) to use as base camp for outdoor activities year round.

So thankful to have found our base camp but it it's not exactly what I had pictured in terms of a traditional "cabin" with rustic decor. Cozy-check. Location in the woods- check. Loft-check. Fireplaces and wood stove-check. Ski trails-check. Lake check. Knotty pine... carpet... We can make it work. But would truly appreciate some help when it comes to the aesthetics exterior and interior.

Looking for some landscaping advice and also some interior/great room guidance. Outside- ???? We need a new door and lighting, some landscaping.

Inside-KITCHEN- top priorities are replacing kitchen cabinets with Ikea green-gray cabinets with leather handles. Need help with lighting options above the sink and island.

And the living space- for a sofa, we're leaning toward a lovesac sectional but they are pricey. We want an option for guests to sleep over though. (Photos attached are from the sales sheet- we will be eliminating some of the items)

Thoughts about lighting fixtures for the open areas? I do like antler chandeliers...I know they are love/hate.Better half comes from a big hunting family so he votes thumbs up. I'd prefer something else.

There's so much to do- exciting and fun but overwhelming at the same time. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Comments (25)