SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
denice_shuty

Bathroom backsplash color dilemma

Denice Shuty
4 years ago

DIY bathroom renovation has run into a snag. I painted the cabinets, installed wainscoting, painted the walls, changed the lighting, and am now working on changing the sink, countertop, and faucet. I found a gorgeous slab of quartz for the counter that matches my walls perfectly (gold/straw). It is now being fabricated.

It wasn't until I took down the builder mirror and the old backsplash in order to paint the wall that I realized doing the gold quartz backsplash will interrupt the continual line/color of the wainscoting. My old backsplash was off white, so up until now it didn't occur to me how it would look with a different backsplash.

I think its crucial that the off white color of the wainscoting continues behind and around the vanity. How can I fix this without undoing everything I've done so far? Tile instead of quartz backsplash?

The wall behind the vanity will have a 15 x 30 mirrored medicine cabinet with mirror panels on both sides to span the width of the vanity. From the top of the countertop to the bottom of the medicine cabinet is about 14".

Suggestions, please!

Comments (8)