SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
junebug1306

How to furnish this large room with no wall space?

Ang Ves
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I'm looking to update this room and am mostly interested in replacing my couch(es). I do not want to repaint the room (since it opens to the rest of the house) but the rug and the green couch can certainly go. Currently, there is a fireplace on one side of the room and the TV is on the direct opposite side of the room (on a small wall (about 3' wide). Because the fireplace is so high, I don't think putting the TV above the mantel is an option (not that I like that anyway). I'm rather bored with the current set up of two couches facing each other even though it does work. I'd like to change it up and I love some of the new sectionals that I've seen but have no idea how to configure things. Also, I'd like to be able to snuggle with my man on the couch which never happens now cause we sit on opposite couches when hanging out in the room. :( There is a cable outlet on the wall to the left of the fireplace (near the glass door leading to the deck) so an option is to move the TV there. Would love suggestions on how to layout the furniture and what types of styles might work in this sort of room. Ideas on window treatments for the front window would also be helpful. Thanks for any help and suggestions and if there's more I can share, just let me know. :)

PS. Please excuse some of the Holiday pictures. Also, the two chairs by the fireplace are not usually there but were moved there to accommodate the tree as you can see in the non-holiday photo.

Comments (18)