Prince Charls Tests Positive

sheilajoyce_gw

Prince Charles has tested positive for Covid19 according to the network news. So the queen has finally cancelled all of her events.

SaveComment24Like
Comments (24)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sableincal

I am not surprised! The royal family is constantly around people, their servants at the very least. Can anyone picture Prince Charles making himself a cuppa?

2 Likes Save    
Elizabeth

He doesn't even iron his own shoelaces.

11 Likes Save    
ratherbesewing

How long has it been since Harry and Meghan were in the UK? More than 2 weeks?

Save    
maddiemo

I think they all kept a social distance from them.

3 Likes Save    
Elizabeth

I think it is more concerning that he had contact with Queen. Isn't she 94? Though she is isolated and I am sure she is getting the best medical attention possible. It is sad that families who have so much contact with the public have unknowingly taken such a risk.

2 Likes Save    
maddiemo

I know Camilla has tested negative, so I’m hoping the Queen has too. I presume we’d be told if anything was wrong with her...

Save    
PRO
Anglophilia

Supposedly, he was with the Queen just outside the contagious time frame. My concern is for Camilla as she is a smoker and prone to pulmonary problems. Prince Charles has never been happier in his life than he is with his Duchess and he would be lost without her. I hope very much that she stays well.

Save    
sylviatexas1

I cannot imagine how many hands he shakes every day!

The Queen's habit of wearing gloves may pay off for her.

1 Like Save    
Elmer J Fudd

I think Prince Charles is a twit. A word I've heard a number of his subjects use when talking about him.

3 Likes Save    
Lars

5 Likes Save    
sealavender

His mother will be a hard act to follow.

3 Likes Save    
Elmer J Fudd

Great, Lars. I loved the Pythons and almost everything they did, movies especially. If you've ever listened to Conan O'Brien's podcast, Conan OB Needs A Friend, Eric Idle was a guest on one episode. He spoke of the individuals and how they met and came together.

I used to have an orange MGB as those shown in the segment, with North American left hand steering wheel placement of course.

Save    
maddiemo

Proper big LOLs Lars. What a fantastic start to my day!

Save    
bpath reads banned books too

Now Boris Johnson has tested positive.

Save    
dedtired

So funny Lars. I am no fan of Charles and agree he has a twittish quality about him, but he was a good athlete.

Save    
maddiemo

I have nothing against Charles and hope the reports of his being a mild case are accurate.

2 Likes Save    
Elmer J Fudd

I expect William will be a better and better liked monarch. He's obviously much less daft and has better bloodlines, from his mother's side.

On the global Covid front, I think it's time for an emergency US-UK heads of state summit, as soon as possible. Somewhere where close and frank discussions can be held. There's no time to lose. (PS, how long is Boris likely to be contagious to others?)

3 Likes Save    
dedtired

I’m sure both Charles and Boris spread the virus widely, considering the handshaking and meetings they attend.

Did anyone else see the cute video of Williams children applauding for the healthcare workers? Cute kids. Hope they can have some normality in their lives.

Save    
ccrunneroklahoma

On the global Covid front, I think it's time for an emergency US-UK heads of state summit, as soon as possible. Somewhere where close and frank discussions can be held. There's no time to lose.

Yes to this! And include Pence!

1 Like Save    
sephia_wa

Include Pence? What for? He's just a puppet. He's careful about what he says, and is careful to not contradict Trump. If he could speak freely, perhaps.

3 Likes Save    
dedtired

include Fauci, someone who knows what he’s talking about.

Save    
Elmer J Fudd

dedtired, sorry, you missed ccrunner's intended snark. We wouldn't want Fauci at such a meeting.

Refer to the Presidential Succession Act of 1947 as to why Pence should accompany Trump to this hypothetical, won't happen meeting.

Save    
Kathsgrdn

Actually, Diana and Charles are distant cousins.

Save    
Elmer J Fudd

True. I don't know if my quick search came up with the right information but what I found said that Queen E and Prince Philip are third cousins, Queen Victoria (who died in 1901) was their common great great grandmother. Charles and Diana were 16th cousins, once removed, with the common ancestor of King Henry VII of England who died in 1509

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Fun Houzz How to Throw a Party Like You’re Prince
Get a royal groove on at home by following in the footsteps of The Purple One
Full Story
Decorating Guides Design Debate: Should You Modernize a Historic Home?
Should a historic home keep every period feature, or can it adapt to changing times? Our experts find a positive middle ground
Full Story
Downsizing Tips for Moving Into a Smaller Space
Downsize with less compromise: Celebrate the positive, pare down thoughtfully and get the most from your new home
Full Story