Is our Moni back home?

rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

I hope Moni sees this and can check in with us. I've been thinking about her.

SaveComment12Like1
Comments (12)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Rose Pekelnicky

She got home Tuesday.

Save     Thanked by rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
OklaMoni

Yes, I am back. American Airlines cancelled my flight, and after a first thought, of just staying... All things changed. My daughter found me a one way ticket in a price range I could muster... and bought it, knowing I pay her back.

Thus, I flew home.

It all started, cause I could not sleep, but turned my phone on, and had a connection... at midnight on Sunday night.

At 5:30 AM I had boarding passes for all three flights, and at 10:00 AM I was at the Adelaide airport.

First plan took off and I started my stopwatch, to stop it once I landed in Dallas. 32 1/2 hours mostly wide awake.

Adelaide to Sydney, to Honolulu to Dallas.

I am now in self quarantine for 14 days. Hoping neither I, or my daughter that picked me up will get sick.

I will write something for my blog in a few days.

Thanks for asking, and thanks Rose for letting Rhizo know.

Moni

12 Likes Save     Thanked by rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
morz8

Glad you are back Moni and I'm sorry it was such a long trip home. Get some rest so you don't let your immune system crash. I hope you had a chance to get some groceries before self quarantining. Stay healthy....

Save     Thanked by rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

Thank Goodness! So happy to have you back, safe and sound.

Save    
georgysmom2

WELCOME HOME!!!!!

1 Like Save    
OklaMoni

I am fine. But should be in bed...

my daughter went to the grocery store before she drove to Dallas to get me. If we run out of something we will either make due, or call instacart to get it delivered.

Yes, she is in quarantine with me.

Moni

Save    
Fun2BHere

Glad you are home, Moni. One caution, don't expect Instacart deliveries to be readily available. Some areas are experiencing first available delivery times 5 - 7 days in the future.

1 Like Save    
marilyn_c

Welcome back, Moni. Stay safe!

Save    
adellabedella_usa

Oh my goodness. Get some rest and take care of yourself. Glad you're back home.

Save    
chisue

Glad you're home!

This is an opportunity to mention something that I needed to remind myself about: Don't let virus stress give you *shingles*. Worrying is not only useless, but harmful.

Save    
sjerin

I've been wondering about your whereabouts (still in A. or here,) for a week now--very glad you made it safely home and hope you had a good time with your sis. Rest up, Moni!

Save    
OklaMoni

I will have to get busy and type my story in. Esther did not want me to put anything out, while she wasn't home. We have the same cycling friends... Anyway, I thought I was going to start when she went home, but could not get in to the website. and I still haven't tried since I came home, but then that as "just" day before yesterday.

Moni

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Traditional Homes Plantation Grandeur Rises in a Home's Back Addition
Haphazard no more, the back of this traditional South Carolina home now matches the genteel front
Full Story
Blue Kitchen of the Week: Bringing Back Glamour to a Hollywood Hills Home
A historic past and modern function meet in this brilliant blue family hub
Full Story
The Art of Architecture Back of an Envelope: Architects’ Sketches and the Homes They’ve Made
There’s something evocative about a hand-drawn architectural sketch that a computer just can’t replicate. Here are some great examples
Full Story