SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
swampy6

What color should I paint these end tables and dining chairs?

swampy6
4 years ago

We live on a golf course in over 55 community on Florida's west coast. Love the coastal colors (not really the anchors & pelicans- LOL) and have had fun painting furniture in this house after selling most of what we had when we downsized a year ago.

I just bought these used end tables - the width was perfect, and I like the lines, but as beautiful as they are, color fights with the rustic floors. Wondering if they should go white OR distressed Old Ochre (to match base of coffee table) OR possibly a two tone (white & Old Ochre?) OR ..................What color would make them look "larger"?

I realize medium oak on coffee table top isn't great either, but I LOVE the table (hidden leaves that expand to rectangle) ... have thought about sanding (it's not varnished) and trying to get more of a gray/greige. Thoughts?

Dining chairs are in EXCELLENT SHAPE & also were purchased used. Table was painted Dixie Belle "Fluff". DH says "leave chairs as is", but I'm wondering if painting would add some interest?

Appreciate your thoughts & input. I'm happy ... but having a hard time adding cozziness to this

house.

Comments (4)