SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ekscrunchy

Brugmansia....the flowers facing downward

ekscrunchy
4 years ago

Just bought one from a wholesale nursery in Boynton--7 gallon pot for about $25. Although the leaves appeared to have brown spots, the owner assured me that this was "no big deal!" In my heart I knew I might have been taken but I am so enamored by the plant which I had seen in full glory in Patzcuaro, Mexico. So I will plant today.....Zone 8, about 10 miles from ocean. Will get sun much of the day.

What do I need to know to keep it healthy and keep putting out those glorious flores--mine are mixed pink and yellow. It just stole my heart, so I took the chance. Not only that, I am normally not here in summer, although will be around longer than usual this year, so can get a nursery worker to come out and take a look every (how often??)

I have NO IDEA of tropical plants. Planted bouganvillea standard two year ago and only now have about 5 blossoms (pink)..so that gives you the idea of my skills. But you are all such experts..cannot hurt to ask, right? So much gratitude on my part to anyone who comments......ek

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville