Dr. Fauci to media -Stop trying to pit me against Trump

HU-885118952

The latest coordinated MSDNC media attack has been to drive the narrative that Trump and Fauci are on the outs and that Trump isn't listening to Fauci. Even here, threads are dedicated to this spread of misinformation and straight-up lies.

LISTEN to the man you claim is being pushed out by Trump. Take the TDS blinkers off for just a moment, and listen to the man.

Dr. Anthony Fauci: I Wish Media Trying to Pit Me Against President Trump Would Stop

"One of the most notable figures during the Trump administration’s handling of the Coronavirus outbreak has been Dr. Anthony Fauci of the Coronavirus Task Force. His tireless work has helped President Donald Trump make the best possible decisions when it comes to the problem at hand and Fauci is loved by both sides of the aisle for it.

That hasn’t stopped the mainstream media from attempting to play politics with Fauci and get him to speak against Trump, or damage his image in some way. Fauci directly addressed this during a radio interview with WMAL’s Morning on the Mall with hosts Vince Coglianese and Mary Walter.

The radio show hosts asked Fauci if he’s trying to balance out his advice with the economic situation, and Fauci made it clear that this is not something he’s engaging in. His concern is with the virus, but he noted that Trump has to consider all aspects of this fallout, not just the medical aspects. He did acknowledge that a failing economy causes its own health problems.

“What the President is trying to do is balance the public health issues with the fact this is having an enormous impact on the economy of the country which may actually, indirectly, cause an incredible amount of harm… even health-wise,” explained Fauci.

Eventually, at around the six-minute mark, the hosts directly asked Fauci about the media’s constant attempts to slam Trump for any reason whatsoever, something that Fauci acknowledged and called “unfortunate.”

“It seems like increasingly a bunch of the questions from the media are designed to create a rift between you and the President of the United States, or at least to sort of emphasize differences of opinion in a way that creates distance between you and the president,” said Coglianese. “Are you sensing that as the media continually asks you questions about the differences you have with him.”

“That is really unfortunate. I would wish that that would stop because we have a much bigger problem here than trying to point out differences,” said Fauci. “Really, fundamentally at the core, when you look at things there are not differences.

“The President has listened to what I have said and what the other people on the task force have said. When I’ve made recommendations, he’s taken them. He’s never countered or overridden me,” he continued. “The idea of just pitting one against the other is just not helpful. I wish that would stop and we’d look ahead at the c

Fauci has been incredibly professional throughout this process. It’s a shame our media hasn’t. "

Let's read that again, mK?

Are you sensing that as the media continually asks you questions about the differences you have with him.”

“That is really unfortunate. I would wish that that would stop because we have a much bigger problem here than trying to point out differences,” said Fauci.

I would wish that that would stop

I wish the Trump haters would honor this man's work and sacrifice instead of using him as a political cudgel to win an election.

SaveComment80Like6
Comments (80)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
HU-885118952

It does such a disservice to the nation and really, the world. When our media is so consumed with hating Trump that they ignore the pandemic and nuts and bolts of each public announcement, and try to turn this into a soap opera.

The MSDNC media would rather create a false narrative than carry the actual coronavirus pressers. When Trump and his team are standing up on a dais, taking questions for 2 hours, after working and being awake more than most humans can tolerate, it is the height of arrogance to not use the medium to bring their message to the American people.

9 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

I do, too, but the fact is that hate, resentment, discord and control will never stop.

We already had a heads up on that fact after the 2016 presidential election.

If this crisis does not change the hate, resentment, discord and control, nothing will.

In fact, many seem to thrive on it, searching for any fake needle in a haystack for negativity, blame, and doom.

It's what fuels evil.

And seeing that in full display fuels good and commitment to overcome that evil.

9 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Amen to this thread!

7 Likes Save     Thanked by HU-885118952
lurker111

Rachael will tell them what he really meant to say.

4 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

Stan, it's pure evil to put agenda ahead of getting us through this crisis. When "news" persons choose to make this a war of personalities and make up stories, based on anonymous sources, in lieu of actually carrying expert updates from Trump's team, they've reached a new bottom.

I expect many, many more sublevels.

6 Likes Save    
queenmargo

In fact, many seem to thrive on it, searching for any fake needle in a haystack for negativity, blame, and doom.

I am sensing this too Stan. It is almost an enjoyment of scaring people in terms of how they post.

5 Likes Save    
miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,others)(8a)

Since Dr Fauci is unlikely to be wandering around in Hot Topics I think it’s safe to ask this without causing him offence:

When it comes down to a blatant disparity between Trump’s words and Fauci’s, whose do you believe?

8 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

lurker111

Rachael will tell them what he really meant to say.

She is preaching about not even carrying these coronavirus briefings!

Problem is that Trump is going right to the people and he's been slapping down the silliness of the hate-Trump media and their daily, toxic attempts to twist his words and create fake news and drama.

That has been met with remarkable increases in his approval rate in handling this crisis. The hate-Trump media can't have that, so they are refusing to air the briefings so they can once again be the filter of hate and fake news.

Problem is, people want to hear Trump and his team, not some hackneyed Trump hater with a bent agenda.

6 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

When it comes down to a blatant disparity between Trump’s words and Fauci’s, whose do you believe?

Both.

How many times does Fauci have to point this out?

7 Likes Save    
terezosa / terriks

So you believe two opposite things at the same time?

12 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

Stan, it not only fuels evil, it foments this toxic distraction from what our experts are saying and it does a great disservice and shows utter contempt an disrespect for ALL of these experts on Trump's team, who are working day and night, sacrificing on the front lines, to help not just Americans, but humanity.

3 Likes Save    
lurker111

How many times does Fauci have to point this out?

And Dr Fauci is a huge hillary supporter.

1 Like Save    
katrina_ellen

When I look at the majority of threads on HT, I have come to assume they are lies unless otherwise proven. Just like the left wing media, or spun so the truth is unrecognizable. I think confusion is what they strive for in the media, so that you never really know whats going on.

3 Likes Save    

So when Trump says “this will happen” and Fauci says “no it won’t” you believe them both?

When Trump says “do this thing” and Fauci says “do not do that thing” what do you do?

7 Likes Save    
soupgirl53

Good luck getting an answer to that question!

4 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

terriks, at some point we as a nation will have to compromise between safety and complete collapse.

Obama made that choice in '09 when his message was "Don't panic and go about your lives", during h1n1. That's not necessarily the wrong choice, but it had consequences. 12,0000 Americans died, including 1000 children.

1000 children. Let that sink in for just a moment and then ask yourself how that narrative would have been plastered across our nation by the media if hundreds of children were dying not under Obama, but under Trump.

Millions and millions of Americans were infected with h1n1. But, we went about our lives while Americans died all around us. We were for the most part, blissfully unaware, because Obama felt that was best for our nation; to let his recovery plan go forth unhindered by the panic and bottom falling out as it is right now.

Black and white thinking is not a luxury one has when leading a nation that leads the world. It's not a luxury that the vast majority of Americans have, to stay shut down. Trump is right. The unintended consequences and ripple effects will be far worse than the ravages of covid-19.

Where is that line? If I had to choose a team to find it, it would be both Trumpian and scientific.

4 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

katrina_ellen

When
I look at the majority of threads on HT, I have come to assume they are
lies unless otherwise proven. Just like the left wing media, or spun
so the truth is unrecognizable. I think confusion is what they strive
for in the media, so that you never really know whats going on.

The vast majority are agenda-driven, fear-mongering misrepresentation.

4 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

ollliesmom, the Leftist Democrat leaders are now a party of depraved lunatics bent on power and winning at any cost.

Just look at what Pelosi did to demolish the bi-partisan bill that was on track to be passed a couple days ago. I think she thrives on chaos and destruction.

2 Likes Save    
heri_cles

Quite an indictment of this message group.

1 Like Save    

Well, I think I can usually find room for nuance.

But watching these pressers, I see Trump say one thing and then Fauci say the exact opposite. Direct contradiction.

That’s not nuance. That is black and white, this or that. It can’t be both in those situations: Trump is right or Fauci is right.

That’s not to say they should be pitted against each other. Of course they should be working together as part of a team, and of course that team will have as many different opinions and perspectives as there are people on the team. But the team should have ONE voice.

And that voice should be the expert with facts on his side, not the layman who is going by his gut.

9 Likes Save    
dirtygert(5-NY)

I agree that it's not helpful to try and trip Dr. Fauci into saying something that can be used against Trump. Right now, that's not the real problem. We need to treat our current situation like we've had a disastrous accident. We need to triage the victims --- treat the biggest threats first, then the next worst, then the next, THEN worry about who's to blame. AFTER.

1 Like Save    
olliesmom

HU-52, so true! Talk about showing Pelosi’s true colors! She is one crazy lady!

5 Likes Save    
lurker111

I listened to Trump and prepared.

My liberal friend is mad because the bar closed and he can't go see the local bands. He said Trump told him it was under control and if he got it and died, it was Trump's fault.

Save    
HU-885118952

Saying the medications in cocktail show promise does not contradict what Fauci says, even though the MSDNC media will say otherwise.

In fact, the very medications Trump has said show promise are now in clinical trials in our country, namely, NY, where Cuomo is putting them to the test writ large.

So, Trump wasn't wrong. He didn't misspeak. The FDA is approving off-label use for cholorquine right now. No, not fish tank cleaner, but chloroquine.

What Trump has done to usher in these very fast advances and use of medication AND therapies, with his compassionate care legislation, is proving RIGHT NOW, to have been nothing short of AMAZING and prescient.

3 Likes Save    
Toby

For those whose main concern in this crisis isn't Trump's reelection, they may be more interested in listening to the rest of the interview.
https://omny.fm/shows/mornings-on-the-mall/wmal-interview-dr-anthony-fauci-m-d-03-24-20

3 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

lurker111

I sat up and paid attention when the healthcare workers on the front lines in China were blowing the whistle on the Chinese government suppressing information. I watched those social media videos in shock and horror.

China the the much-vaunted by the Left WHO were telling us mere weeks ago that there was not human to human transmission, while doctors and nurses were sounding the alarm that tens of thousands were getting ill and dying in China.

2 Likes Save    

WHO said Jan 14 that there is no evidence of human to human transmission.

It was clearly wrong.

That was over two months ago, not “mere weeks.” We’ve known for about two months that we can get it from each other.

3 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

China has known about the virulent human to human transmission since 2019. The WHO parroted China's propaganda.

Yes, it is mere weeks ago.

1 Like Save    

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree on the meaning of the word “mere.”

To me “mere weeks” would have to be less than one month. If we are counting in weeks, we are counting less than four of them. In my mind.

3 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

On Jan. 31, when President Trump put in place unprecedented travel restrictions on Chinese citizens after coronavirus infections exploded there, Biden resorted to his favorite word,labeling the restrictions as “xenophobic” and calling it “fear-mongering” and “hysteria.” Yet, those restrictions have been widely hailed by medical experts,like Dr. Anthony Fauci of the National Institutes of Health, for abating the spread of the coronavirus in this country.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/488668-trump-leads-the-battle-against-coronavirus-while-biden-makes-excuses-for

Trump was ahead of the curve with his travel ban, and is once again leading from the front with executing clinical trials to treat covid-19.

4 Likes Save    
ubro(2a)

Trump was ahead of the curve with his travel ban, and is once again leading from the front with executing clinical trials to treat covid-19.

And it did not result in much you still have the virus, it is still spreading and how Trump deals with it within his own boarders is key.
Canada did not ban China and yet we are in no worse position than you.

4 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

Canada did not ban China and yet we are in no worse position than you.

Apples and oranges demographically. It doesn't change a thing when it comes to Trump's decisive actions giving America time to prepare and slow the onslaught.

It's spreading, yes, but we've taken action to flatten the curve and will hopefully see the results in a couple weeks.

2 Likes Save    
lurker111

Obama did nothing. Bush did nothing. "Call the health department if you see a dead bird and don't touch it". Trump has made them all look worthless.

Save    
chipotle

Dr. Oz is replacing Fauci. ;)

Save    
HU-885118952

lurker111

Obama
did nothing. Bush did nothing. "Call the health department if you see
a dead bird and don't touch it". Trump has made them all look
worthless.

I remember that! I remember finding a dead bird in my driveway- scared the heck out of me! Called my county's office and they said to wrap it in plastic bags and throw it in the trash.

Um, ok.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Perhaps Trump needs to look at his treatment of the press?

Save    
terezosa / terriks

That’s not to say they should be pitted against each other. Of course they should be working together as part of a team, and of course that team will have as many different opinions and perspectives as there are people on the team. But the team should have ONE voice.

And that voice should be the expert with facts on his side, not the layman who is going by his gut.

Absolutely. Unfortunately, Trump is not a team player.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

952 -

Why did you cut off this quote?

What is the rest if it?

" “The idea of just pitting one against the other is just not helpful. I wish that would stop and we’d look ahead at the c .... "

???

(Not giving money to RedState)

Save    
jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)(9b)

Isn't this how a reality show works - you pit one contestant against another?

2 Likes Save    
chipotle

Speaking of Dr. Fauci, where the hell is he? He hasn't been at the last 2 WH briefings and he's not at the Fox town hall.

2 Likes Save    

The dead bird thing was wrt West Nile virus, a virus that is still being tracked. Its range is increasing.

We (Canada) too were asked to notify authorities about dead birds with no obvious reason for being dead (no injury).

That research is still ongoing and is unrelated to Barack Obama, George Bush Jr or Sr, Donald Trump, and COVID-19.

1 Like Save    
sjerin

Chipolte, I imagine the good doctor is out on his keister. He was the only reason I could tolerate these briefings, like most. I hope he can still talk to us and spread important information.

1 Like Save    
Gizmo

HU-885118952

ollliesmom, the Leftist Democrat(sic) leaders are now a party of depraved lunatics bent on power and winning at any cost.

Just look at what Pelosi did to demolish the bi-partisan bill that
was on track to be passed a couple days ago. I think she thrives on
chaos and destruction.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Interesting, just a few short weeks ago you were believing in Trump saying this Covid-19 virus was all just a hoax....now you're blaming Pelosi for not doing enough.

So are you saying Trump was wrong?

3 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Trump did NOT say the virus was a hoax, he said the left are using it as another hoax to destroy his presidency. Not that you will believe, but true.

2 Likes Save    
olliesmom

Trump said Fauci has other things going on also and what the briefing was about the last couple of days, he didn’t think Fauci had to be there for those days. Make sense??? Try not to be so paranoid. It’s not a good look.

3 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

^^^ No personal attacks on Hot Topics per the forum rules.

6 Likes Save    
vgkg (Va Z-7)

Bwhahahaha, we did too lurker, what convinced us to prepare was his claims that it would go away by April, that it was just 15 infected here and would be zero soon, that it'll be like a miracle and go way, etc etc. Right after trump said it was under control 4 weeks ago it was shopping time for us. I'm glad you listened to trump too and knew that he's full of it.

7 Likes Save    
paprikash

Some need to realize just what unprecedented means and just how quickly Trump and his task force have accomplished all they have.

1 Like Save    
vgkg (Va Z-7)

^^^ A day late and a lot of PPE short.

4 Likes Save    
chipotle

Don't forget masks and ventilators. Where the hell are they?

2 Likes Save    
olliesmom

Omg! Fauci is back! Paranoid much?

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

I hope Trump doesn’t go on another rambling free for all because that’s when he makes a mess of things.

1 Like Save    
Ann

Anti Trump people could make a sensible decision and help and support this crisis effort. Or, they can double and triple down on bashing Trump and watch the biggest backfire yet happen. Look at the coronavirus and Trump approval polls, look at how Pelosi is being viewed right now, look at Biden's disastrous attempts to be relevant. Then, decide what look you think America would like to see from that anti Trump group. In other words, how's it working for you right now?

6 Likes Save    

Ann, you do realize that we have months of this crisis ahead of us.

Already NY cannot get the supplies that are needed from the federal government. How do you think this will play out as other major cities across the country find themselves with the same difficulties in caring for their ailing residents.

I don't see public approval continuing if promised supplies fail to appear. No one wants to see the residents of their cities and towns be denied medical care.

3 Likes Save    
ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9

As a sensible person, it works for me that I doubt anything that a serial liar says who does not read or listen to the experts, and ignored the warnings of said experts back in January and possibly even earlier, when a reasoned and intelligent plan could have been put together and possibly saved untold numbers of lives. Approval polls or how Pelosi and Biden "look" are laughably unimportant at this stage. Trump doesn't care about people's lives, that's been amply demonstrated by his lack of action and every idiotic statement he's made about the virus, which somehow very soon devolves to money matters, and not people's lives. Pelosi and Biden do care about people, and their records demonstrate that. Trump's record shows great regard for Trump and his rich cronies, and nothing else. The stimulus package is again geared toward their enrichment, and that is the reason the Democrats want to change it.

5 Likes Save    
elvis

The dead bird thing was wrt West Nile virus

West Nile virus!? Xenophobic!!! Now the people from the west Nile area will be targets of dangerous behavior! Oh noes!

To me “mere weeks” would have to be less than one month. If we are counting in weeks, we are counting less than four of them. In my mind.

Weeks are often used for counting time. Pregnancy, for example. But it's good to know what's "in your mind".

Save    
Ann

Nancy, if you are right and we have months of this ahead of us, do you think bashing the leader of one of the many countries facing the crisis (and the country you live in) is useful, helpful, or productive? Furthermore, how do you think that tactic is viewed by fellow citizens? Finally, what value do you think that brings to the country or the crisis?

I think a time of crisis is a unique situation and one that greatly benefits from its people working together. Whether you like him or not or whether you want it to be the case, President Trump is the current president and the crisis is right now.

4 Likes Save    
dirtygert(5-NY)

Ann, you're right that Trump is the current president and the crisis is right now. Every one of us here will stipulate that. Myself, I try not to bash Trump too much. In a way, I feel sorry for him. He was in way over his head before this calamity. He doesn't have the temperament to be president, for one thing. He didn't before this and, unfortunately Leadership 101 isn't something he'd be interested to study on now --- even if there was a crash course in it, there isn't time now. We need a strong leader to get us through this and he isn't up to it. The problem is compounded by the fact he's too vain and insecure (with a good dose of Dunning-Kruger to boot) to step back and let someone else lead.

6 Likes Save    

bashing the leader

He messed up royally by ignoring the implications of coronavirus when he was briefed in early January. He needs pressure on him to push him in the correct direction -- many lives are at stake. Criticism is constructive, and not to be characterized as bashing. Let Trump's inaction be a lesson to be learned by all.

how do you think that tactic is viewed by fellow citizens

For those who will be without adequate medical supplies, have family members affected by the lack of materials, they'll be joining in the criticism.

what value do you think that brings to the country or the crisis?

That leaders are held accountable for their incompetence, that others -- especially governors and mayors -- are trying to protect the public despite the mess in the White House.

crisis is a unique situation and one that greatly benefits from its people working together

Tell this to Trump.

The states are on their own, and he's not responsible.

He insults the governor of Washington.

He can't pay attention to what Dr. Fauci says so the corrections are needed later.
Trump has never been a team player, and the country is suffering for it.

5 Likes Save    
queenmargo

2 Likes Save    
elvis

I always wondered about that phrase^^^. Why "brick"?

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

LOL- I guess it is so dense;)

Save    
Save    
queenmargo

terezosa- I believe most understand the metaphor, it is the "brick" being questioned. Why not a stucco wall or a stone wall, etc.

1 Like Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

About the source for the info in the OP--"Redstate":

"Overall, we rate RedState borderline Questionable and strongly Right Biased, based on story selection that always favors the right and use of emotionally loaded (sensationalized) headlines. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to poor sourcing of information and a few failed fact checks."

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/red-state/
----------------------------

As usual.

Kate

Save    
Ann

"As usual.

Kate"

Kate, this comment you ended in this way is a very "As usual" comment from you and very similar to comments you write whenever a poll discussion occurs. I typically respond, as I'm about to, and you rarely come back to continue with your theme. I'll try again today and see what happens.

Trump is at his highest approval average level today on RCP (at an average 46.3). Of the most recent polls in that average, the following individual polls have him at 46 or above (thus bringing his average to his highest range): Gallup, YouGov, The Hill, Monmouth, Rasmussen, Emerson, and NBC. Six of these seven are among the 7 most recent polls reported.

Are all right biased, Kate?

1 Like Save    
Ann

Then, RCP just started posting and charting Trump approval, regarding his handling of coronavirus, in very early March. The first 8 of those individual polls indicated more disapproved of Trump's handling of it than approved (taking us through the middle of March).

Since the 14th of March, there are 8 of these polls in this coronavirus category. Seven of those 8 show more approval than disapproval (some by a lot). These positive polls for Trump include Gallup, YouGov, ABC/Ipsos, Emerson, Axios-Harris, Reuters.

Are all right biased, Kate?

2 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

Criticism is constructive, and not to be characterized as bashing. Let Trump's inaction be a lesson to be learned by all."

I disagree. Criticism claiming "inaction" without providing a single example is indeed "trashing."

What did doctors recommend that he failed to do?

What is he failing to do right now that doctors want him to do?

3 Likes Save    
Nana H

ABH, one expects proactive actions from leaders in times of crisis. Yes he has done most things that he was asked to do. That may be enough for some I suppose.

2 Likes Save    
ubro(2a)

It is not just enough for Trump to do what they say but to also say what they require him to say.

2 Likes Save    
elvis

Nothing Donald J. Trump ever says or does will be "enough" for those with closed minds. That is all.

4 Likes Save    
queenmargo

elvis

Nothing Donald J. Trump ever says or does will be "enough" for those with closed minds. That is all.

Spot on, and their minds are like a sealed tomb, lol.

1 Like Save    
Zeus

Save    
Joaniepoanie

Nothing Trump ever says will be wrong in the closed minds of his followers. Their minds are like a sealed tomb. No lol.

1 Like Save    
vgkg (Va Z-7)

"Nothing Donald J. Trump ever says or does will be "enough" for those with closed minds. That is all."

"Spot on, and their minds are like a sealed tomb, lol."

Better to question what trump says or does (a lot of stupid stuff) rather than have a mind so open that one's brain falls out and takes it's scruples along with it. Too culty

Save    
queenmargo

LOL

Save    
Stan Areted

In other words, how's it working for you right now?

Not so well for the democrat party.

But "ideals" Hate! Destruction!

1 Like Save    
Stan Areted

Funny that's what we think about Trump haters!

Save    
Iris GW

It is amazing how he keeps sinking to meet our low expectations.

What is he failing to do right now that doctors want him to do?

Fauci disagrees with his proposal to open back up to save the economy.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

In China, the hospital staff doubled up on some PPE. We don't have enough to go around.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Your First House 12 Tried-and-True Paint Colors for Your Walls
Discover one pro designer's time-tested favorite paint colors for kitchens, baths, bedrooms and more
Full Story
Home Tech Save Your Decor — Hide Your Media Stuff
When you tuck boxes, wires and speakers into walls and ceilings, all you'll notice is your favorite shows or music
Full Story
Christmas Trees Real vs. Fake: How to Choose the Right Christmas Tree
By Houzz
Pitting flexibility and ease against cost and the environment can leave anyone flummoxed. This Christmas tree breakdown can help
Full Story