SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamaandsage

wood vinyl/laminate floor with lots of interest or more plain

mamaandsage
4 years ago

I've had a heck of a time picking a floor that will go throughout our whole house. I liked the Pergo Wheaton Oak from the beginning when I saw it at Lowes but when I bought a box and was taking it out with a friend who thought the knots made it look like it belonged in a cabin I thought I didn't like it and that i didn't like knots. I've gone to many floor stores and finally back to Lowes and Home Depot since they encouraged me to buy boxes so I could get a better sense. I got the bedroom walls smoothed and painted and then I bought a box of Burlap Vinyl Plank and placed it in the bedroom for a better place to test it out than I had been in the other parts of the house which will dramatically change. I immediately thought the color was just right and was surprised that i liked the saw cuts and the "interest" in the floor including some minor knots and different colors on each plank which I never thought I liked, I think cuz my friend has a more modern style and says "no floor can be too plain." I've never done a remodel before our bathroom last year so I feel like I'm still learning what my style is and since the flooring goes through the whole house I've had a hard time picking something, especially off of a small board sample. I like to look at it this floor and I'm back to thinking the Pergo looks pretty good, too but then I worry that they'll look too "busy" when I have the whole house put back together, adding rugs, and with having a butcher block top on my island, I thought the island countertop and the floor might fight each other.

I'm nervous to ask for help because maybe if I would've gone with my initial instincts I wouldn't have been so confused but at the same time I'm wondering about my worries about the floor being too busy and if anyone's been through this before and realized in the end they liked or regretted some interest in the floor... This idea I have about the floor perhaps being too busy, is that maybe true or maybe not so much?

I'm not sure how to ask what I'm asking, maybe. :) thanku!

Comments (11)