SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tinkv22

What gray is this?

Dave Vadney
4 years ago

I really want to paint my living room this color. I am thinking it might be Repose Gray but seems a bit too dark to be that shade. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Dave

Comments (452)

• Dave Vadney
    Original Author
    3 years ago

No I am going to get that Grey slip cover for the chair

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    3 years ago

Oh OK, wasn't sure about chair. Yes, on the floor, fill in with pieces running same as flooring. I can't see it real well though. Post some better photos of that area please.

• Dave Vadney
    Original Author
    3 years ago

ok.....I'm home after 4 today . I'll take a few pics

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    3 years ago

👍🏻

• Dave Vadney
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Sorry, just got home from work

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    3 years ago

Humm - tis a problem. What happened there? When two woods are butted up against each other you have to have a threshold type cover piece. In your case I wonder if you could cut a piece of the darker wood to do a "threshold" across that whole seam and notch out for the black tile border. That whole joint is a problem as you no doubt know. No easy fix that I can see. Faux paint the floor that is exposed to make it look like the lighter wood? Not sure how this happened?

• Dave Vadney
    Original Author
    3 years ago

These are floating floors, not hardwood. there has to be a 1/4 inch for expansion. I can do a transition piece but wasn't sure what your saying about notching out for tile area.
    Should I run the transition straight across or stop where the tile is?

• Dave Vadney
    Original Author
    3 years ago

What if I did this with my border strips? Cut and staggered them. The kitchen was done along time ago and the flooring over the years was stacked on top of each other so it was about 2" higher at one point and a 2 inch thick border was there blocking the two rooms

• btydrvn
    3 years ago

What about a wood threshold?...stained to match the living room?

• btydrvn
    3 years ago

And wrap a base board around the opening

• btydrvn
    3 years ago

Also cut out flooring so threshold is not too high

• Dave Vadney
    Original Author
    3 years ago

it would cover over part of the tile , I don't know if it would look right

• btydrvn
    3 years ago

You need baseboard for it to look finished...a slight over lap is better than no base board..then lineup the threshold with the baseboard...being aware of trim height if you have to sliver off the bottom to line up with the top of the base in the adjoining room

• Dave Vadney
    Original Author
    3 years ago

also this is laminate flooring

• btydrvn
    3 years ago

Are you questioning the threshold? If you think it will be too thick the only way to get the floors joined to look right is if the lighter flooring has a border application...that could simulate a threshold

• btydrvn
    3 years ago

This would line up the added base board better

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    3 years ago

I must admit, I am not seeing a good solution. I will sleep on it.

• Dave Vadney
    Original Author
    3 years ago

No, I agree I need a threshold , It would be a easy fix if there was no tile in place, I could just run a board straight across. whatever I do it's going to look choppy

• Dave Vadney
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I got this

• Dave Vadney
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Getting hounded by the warden to work outside today. Coming along....I made the Shutters out of clear cedar.

• njmomma
    3 years ago

Very pretty home.

I love your window pots!

What do you fill them with, in the summer?

• Dave Vadney
    Original Author
    3 years ago

The wife picks out her colors..
    lol

• Dave Vadney
    Original Author
    3 years ago

New trim for door and baseboards. Baseboards need to be primed and painted.
    Working on floor seem.
    Slip cover for chair and I used fabric paint for otterman.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    3 years ago

You are industrious. Does the chair cover look less lavender in person? I don’t think the two colors work. You need darker gray like ottoman for chair. Sorry. Baseboard looking better. Not in love with joint piece. 😕

• Dave Vadney
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Ordered the charcoal gray for the chair. I'm still working on the joint.bwill be the color of the dark floor.

• Dave Vadney
    Original Author
    3 years ago

still looking for a piece of laminate to fill that corner piece in kitchen

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    3 years ago

Good job!! Almost there!

• Dave Vadney
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Need to find a fitted Slipcover for the yellow chair. I think black is the best bet. The lighter gray one fit great but wrong color. The Charcoal Gray one I just bought looks blue and too light.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    3 years ago

How about some pattern?

• Dave Vadney
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Flo, That otterman is close to black Are these colors going to work? I like the first one

• Dave Vadney
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Darker

• Dave Vadney
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Ugly.....My current situation

• Dave Vadney
    Original Author
    3 years ago

The first one (Light gray) at least fit....lol

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    3 years ago

That brown one posted but I posted gray one. But heck I like the one you found that looks like it would be perfect. Price is good too!!! This one.

• Dave Vadney
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Couldn't waste a beautiful day waiting for my interior stuff to arrive so I am building a weaved fence to keep my nosy neighbor from watching us swim. They say big fences make great neighbors.

• Dave Vadney
    Original Author
    3 years ago

3 more sections to go, one piece at a time.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    3 years ago

Awesome!

• Sonny 62
    3 years ago

Following with interest. I dont have anything to contribute but it's a great collaboration with some terrific results.

• Dave Vadney
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Need some help. Just painted house and think I went to Monochromatic. I like the colors but maybe need more if the trim in the Black as well (SW Iron ore). Pillars? Window trim and arches black? Help...lol

• Dave Vadney
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Better pics

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    3 years ago

Hi Dave! Wow! Looking good. The only suggestion I would make is paint the trim around front door the black. It will increase its presence. Too many details will start to look tacky. You hit perfect note!

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    3 years ago

I did a little mock up adding a pair of black pots to each side and flowers on window shelves. I tried to add black trim but very hard to simulate that with this mock up tool.

• Dave Vadney
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you Flo. Great idea. And love the mock up.

• Dave Vadney
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Done with front.... Almost....

• Dave Vadney
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Doing my friend's deck. He wants solid stain on the rails and semi transparent on the deck.Any color ideas?
    He wants the rails and pergola different than the floor. Help lol

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    3 years ago

Try board with white stain for pergola and rails. Then stain deck darker brown/gray. Weathered wood look.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    3 years ago

Kinda like these.

• Dave Vadney
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Flo, you have a grey in mind.

• Dave Vadney
    Original Author
    3 years ago

They are not like us... They are meats and potatoes. lol. I like the weathered look but I know they won't but would like the white like you mentioned and Grey or brown. Can you help me with each of these? They are allowing me to decide.

• btydrvn
    3 years ago

Maybe use the house color for the pergola and paint the railings white....thoroughly clean the deck and use a clear seal ...what will the metal framework be covered with?