chipotle

He has pneumonia and is on oxygen.

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
heri_cles

Amy Klobuchar

@amyklobuchar

·39m

My husband has coronavirus. I love him & not being able to be by his side is one of the hardest things about this disease. So many are going through this & much worse. I pray for him & you & meanwhile I will do all I can to get help to the American people.
https://medium.com/@Amy_Klobuchar

5 Likes Save    
queenmargo

I wonder if they will try that drug combo on him? I sure hope he beats this!

6 Likes Save     Thanked by heri_cles
Kathy

That’s so sad.

1 Like Save     Thanked by heri_cles
HU-885118952

I'm praying for Amy and her family and hope her husband pulls through. This virus knows no political party and Pelosi better start understanding that playing games because more Republicans at the moment are sick or testing positive isn't going to be helpful and in fact, every minute lost is precious time wasted.

5 Likes Save     Thanked by heri_cles
HU-885118952

margo, yes, I hope they try "Trump's prescription" and I'm betting they will.

4 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

Amy, help the American people by sending Pelosi back to San Francisco and allow the bi-partisanship to start working like it was before she and her flying monkeys came back to town

Save    
heri_cles

HU-52 Thank you for you thoughts except there are enough threads about Democrats/Pelosi and the proposed Senate Bill that you can opine about without using this illness to try to make your point.

23 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

Amy, help the American people by sending Pelosi back to San Francisco and allow the bi-partisanship to start working like it was before she and her flying monkeys came back to town.

Amen. I hope Ms Klobuchar's husband recovers, and quickly.

I would hope that she does not approve of the old Nancy's games.

Save    
Nana H

The doctors will do what they think is best for him . Dr Fauci did say that certain conditions preclude the use of the drugs being tested. I have every confidence the doctor will follow the science and the CDC recommendations . I doubt they are taking their cues from Trump.

Sad seeing the politicization of Mr Klobuchar's dire situation.

22 Likes Save     Thanked by heri_cles
Kathy

Pelosi is fighting for everyone of us. She will do what is right for the people.

14 Likes Save     Thanked by heri_cles
bfox254

This stuff's getting real for those on Capitol Hill. Maybe they will all stop the games and do what's in the best interest of the American people.

7 Likes Save    
althea_gw

What sad news. Hope he recovers quickly.

Other sad news from MN, Lt. Gov. Peggy Flannigan's brother in TN just died of Covid-19.

A member of Gov. Walz's security detail tested positive. Since our governor had close contact, he is self isolating for 14 days at home.

1 Like Save    
Cindy Outter

Lagos, Nigeria (CNN)Health officials in Nigeria have issued a warning over chloroquine after they said three people in the country overdosed on the drug, in the wake of President Trump's comments about using it to treat coronavirus.

A Lagos state official told CNN that three people were hospitalized in the city after taking the drug. Officials later issued a statement cautioning against using chloroquine for Covid-19 treatment.

US President Donald Trump claimed at a White House briefing last week that the Food and Drug Administration had approved the "very powerful" drug chloroquine to treat coronavirus.

"It's shown very encouraging -- very, very encouraging early results. And we're going to be able to make that drug available almost immediately. And that's where the FDA has been so great. They -- they've gone through the approval process; it's been approved. And they did it -- they took it down from many, many months to immediate. So we're going to be able to make that drug available by prescription or states," Trump said.

He added: "Normally the FDA would take a long time to approve something like that, and it's -- it was approved very, very quickly and it's now approved, by prescription."

Nigeria records chloroquine poisoning after Trump endorses it for coronavirus treatment

1 Like Save     Thanked by heri_cles
queenmargo

Pelosi is fighting for everyone of us. She will do what is right for the people.

She will do right for herself and her agenda for sure!

2 Likes Save    
mudhouse

I love him & not being able to be by his side is one of the hardest things about this disease.

I admit, this part is what scares me the most. It may not be rational because there are lots of awful things to worry about right now, but this scenario, not being able to be with the person you love as they're in danger, is what keeps me awake sometimes.

I hope he's okay.

11 Likes Save     Thanked by heri_cles
mudhouse

Cindy Outter, people can overdose on aspirin. Trump didn't endorse people giving themselves the medications without the advice of a doctor, and he certainly didn't endorse people overdosing.

5 Likes Save    
queenmargo

mudhouse, I worry about that too, and had the conversation with my husband yesterday on how we would handle this if one of us got it and had to distance. He said he would go to the basement and find out why my son loved it so much lol lol lol

4 Likes Save    
lurker111

Go read the Rand Paul thread for a comparison. Not a word here about "how many people he spread it to". We see you.

6 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Did he go to the gym?

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) attended the Senate gym and swam in the pool while awaiting his COVID-19 test results, which later came back positive.

1 Like Save    
miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,others)(8a)

Politicians are fair game for criticism. They sign up for it when they request the dubious privilege of representing the masses.

Private citizens are another story.

Unless Amy Klobuchar’s husband is a politician or he was outspoken about believing the virus is a non-event that will easily pass and we should all just live or lives as normal, he is not open to criticism in the same way that Rand Paul is.

11 Likes Save    
lurker111

Nonsense.

Save    
dandyfopp

Very sad.

2 Likes Save    
jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)(9b)

I am so sorry to hear that. I will him well.

2 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Anything said by Dear Leader is sacrosanct.

4 Likes Save    
Cindy Outter

Trump has continually pushed drugs used for malaria as a treatment option for coronavirus and his embrace of them has caused twinges in the medical community.

'This would be a gift from heaven, this would be a gift from god if it works. We are going to pray to god that it does work,' the president said Saturday.

Fauci acknowledged the two points of view - hope versus science - could come into conflict and noted he experienced just that during the AIDS epidemic in the 1980s.

'Those two things are really not incompatible when you think about it, particularly when you're in an arena where you don't have anything that's proven,' he said.

For several days Trump has pushed drugs that have been used to cure malaria as a treatment option for the coronavirus, leading to questions as to whether he is raising unsubstantiated hope for people infected with the disease since there have been no studies proving it cures the virus. .....

Tony Fauci dismisses Donald Trump's claim malaria drugs are a 'gift from god' for coronavirus and says president is talking about 'hope' not whether it 'actually works'

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

Trump may a snide statement yesterday about Mitt Romney. What do you have to say about that?

I didn't hear it. What was it?

Save    
queenmargo

Everybody sings a different tune when it hits home. It is human nature.

1 Like Save    

lurker111

26 minutes ago

Nonsense.

———

Elaborate.

And will it still be nonsense when it’s Melania who is diagnosed and I’m saying the same thing?

2 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

This is terrible news.

I hope his recovery is as quick as possible.

4 Likes Save    
queenmargo

And will it still be nonsense when it’s Melania who is diagnosed and I’m saying the same thing?

You may say Melania is off limits but I bet the "others" will forge ahead with many many comments should that happen.

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

I didn't hear it. What was it?

Go look it up yourself.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

LOL- not my ax to grind, lol

3 Likes Save    

“You may say Melania is off limits but I bet the "others" will forge ahead with many many comments should that happen.”

That doesn’t make what I said “nonsense.”

3 Likes Save    
bfox254

I just found out that a close family friend who works at a large NYC hospital was notified she had direct contact with an infected patient. She has been posting on facebook about the lack of proper protective gear since this started. She was told to stay home today. Because NYC is in such dire straights, she has to report back to work tomorrow. No self-quarantine for medical workers. She won't be tested, they will just take her temperature every 2 hours. This leads to the potential that she, and other medical professionals, will unknowingly be spreading the virus to patients and each other. This is messed up. Rather than fighting over corporate bailouts right now, time and money should be immediately directed to helping hospitals and medical professionals stay safe so they can treat patients properly.

8 Likes Save    
bfox254

There's more. My next door neighbor, who is a nurse at a local hospital, had me witness her end of life directive yesterday. She's really that concerned about what's happening in our hospitals right now.

Sorry, probably not the right place for these posts.

3 Likes Save    
Toby

It's going to get very bad in NYC--Italy-bad. They already have 20,000 cases and may run out of supplies this week. The Surgeon General sounded very alarmed when he said this will be a very bad week. They're concerned that several of the big cities like Chicago and Dallas could be the next NYC. Pray for our medical community.

4 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Keep posting bfox254.

6 Likes Save    
bfox254

Our hospitals in some areas are like war zones, don't have proper supplies, space or personnel. Why is this being allowed to happen in the United States of America?

8 Likes Save    
Toby

Because we elected a moron.

5 Likes Save    

Why is this being allowed to happen in the United States of America?

Because we have a reality TV star in the White House without a script or a clue.

10 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Our hospitals in some areas are like war zones, don't have proper supplies, space or personnel. Why is this being allowed to happen in the United States of America?

Because NO ONE knew that CHINA would develop this virus and continue to cover it up for so long. It is a PANDEMIC of which we know nothing about. Get a grip!

3 Likes Save    
bfox254

Please don't tell me to get a grip. These are people who I care about deeply and they're in harm's way. It's personal. The virus is here, regardless of how it got here, and we owe it to our medical professionals to do everything in our power to ensure their safety. That's not happening right now.

9 Likes Save    
Toby

We knew about it in mid January. There were peer reviewed articles in The Lancet starting January 24 from a study by Chinese epidemiologists of 41 hospitalized patients in Wuhan who were diagnosed with a novel coronavirus right after the new year. By mid-January OUR government was discussing the possibility of the pandemic. What did they do to prepare then, a full two months ago?

Enough with the defense of Trump when the facts say otherwise! You only know what FOX News and Trump is telling you and both have only cared about the economy and his reelection until two weeks ago when he finally declared a national emergency AFTER the stock market crashed!

7 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Worse than that. The WHO warned about this on December 31.

We had more time and it was squandered.

5 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Trump Think.

The government knew late last year this existed.

But, experts also knew we'd experience another new & deadly pathogen.

This won't be the last one either.

All need emergency workers to have protective gear. All need security plans.

2 Likes Save    
Toby

I wondered when WHO had first reported this. Had been meaning to look it up. Thanks!

1 Like Save    
Gizmo

HU-885118952

Amy,
help the American people by sending Pelosi back to San Francisco and
allow the bi-partisanship to start working like it was before she and
her flying monkeys came back to town

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes, the bi-partisanship was so effective when the R's had complete control of both the Senate and Congress. <eyeroll>

3 Likes Save    
Toby

I now what the CDC, WHO, The Lancet, and Johns Hopkins have been telling me. The medical community, not politicians. How naive to rely on a known liar whose only interest is reelection to tell you the truth.

7 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

No hate involved -- Trump is a moron -- a dumb TV host and shady real estate developer with no government knowledge, 5 kids from 3 marriages, 6 bankruptcies, 46 charges of sexual assault, 3,500 lawsuits and core businesses with losses of more than a billion dollars in a ten-year period.

8 Likes Save    
jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)(9b)

The first intelligence briefing about COVID was on January 3.

When Trump got elected, I said to my DH this one is going to get us killed. I hope I am not right.

5 Likes Save    
katrina_ellen

It is conceivable the virus has been here for a while, like since November when it started to be noticeable in China. That's 5 months of growth we are just testing for now.

4 Likes Save    
bfox254

States are literally begging for help from Washington and they're not getting it while Trump crows on national TV about what a great job he's doing and how much he's sacrificed to be president.

4 Likes Save    
mudhouse

jerzeegirl: Trump may a snide statement yesterday about Mitt Romney. What do you have to say about that?

No, he didn't. I watched the whole briefing. Trump didn't know yet that Romney had self-quarantined himself. When a reporter mentioned it in the course of a question, Trump stopped and said, "Romney's quarantined?" And several voices from the press told him yes. In response Trump said, "that's too bad."

The reporter who'd mentioned Romney then stopped his question, and said to Trump, "Is that a sarcastic comment?"

Trump said "No." Then he went on with the reporter.

That was the entire exchange.

Spinning this as a snide statement is inexcusable, but people on the left hear what they want to hear. If Trump hadn't said a thing, the criticism would be "Trump fails to express concern about Romney." If he'd said, "well, I'm very sorry to hear that," people would still say "Trump makes snide remark."

Nothing Trump says or does will ever make the left happy, or be interpreted in anything but the worst possible light. It's inexcusable to imply that Trump's remark indicated he was happy about Romney possibly being exposed.

3 Likes Save    
queenmargo

katrina_ellen- I too think this virus has been here for a while. I think with CHINA covering it up for so loooong that the virus was hopping on board those airlines and cruise ships for much longer than we think. This is on CHINA. No matter how the left want to spin this thing.

2 Likes Save    

That's 5 months of growth we are just testing for now.

Five months of unchecked circulation of the coronavirus in the US would have made a noticeable impact -- especially in the country's ICUs.

Italy went from two cases detected on February 23 to 59,000+ on March 23.

Now multiply this figure by five.

5 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Thank you mudhouse for clearing that Romney thing up. I figured as much and then when the left got hostile with me for asking and telling me to go look it up, etc. it confirmed my thoughts.

2 Likes Save    
bfox254

Once it got here, it's on us to do something about it. Trump's the guy in charge, he wants to be the face of it front and center, so he gets and deserves the criticism.

4 Likes Save    

BTW five months back there was no Covid-19 outbreak in China in September.

3 Likes Save    
katrina_ellen

If it was in China in November it had to be here, people were traveling back and forth and the virus lives on surfaces dormant. Italy does a ton of business in the fabric industry with Wuhan and travel to and from there spread it quick. Italy only tested in February - who knows how long it had been there undetected, it had to be the same as China with all the travel. People were traveling all the time to China and Italy-to think it wasn't here in some proportion I don't think is reasonable.

2 Likes Save    

People were traveling all the time to China and Italy-to think it wasn't here in some proportion I don't think is reasonable.

Covid-19 Patient One, in Codogno (Lombardy), was infected while on a business trip in Munich attending meetings called by his employer, Unilever. He had no direct contact with anyone from China.

1 Like Save    
katrina_ellen

Doesn't matter, he doesn't know if the surfaces he touched wherever he was had the virus on them - you don't have to know anyone to touch a railing and pick it up.

3 Likes Save    
mudhouse

dandyfopp: Worse than that. The WHO warned about this on December 31. We had more time and it was squandered.

Better look at that time line more carefully, dandyfopp. On January 14, the WHO tweeted that they had no evidence of human to human transmission.:

On January 30, two weeks after declaring there was no evidence of human to human transmission, the WHO declared a global health emergency. The next day, January 31, Trump declared a national health emergency, and Trump also banned flights from China on January 31.

Joe Biden's response on the same day, January 31, is in the video below, but I'll save you the trouble of finding it in the transcript:

08:27 "This is no time for Donald Trump's record of hysteria, xenophobia hysterical xenophobia, and fear-mongering."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiOKZ8ARmqM&feature=emb_logo

3 Likes Save    
Gizmo

Fergawdsakes:

Health officials across the world
are issuing warnings over the use of antimalarial drugs after President
Trump’s comments about treating the coronavirus with them sparked
panic-buying and overdoses.

2 Likes Save    
bfox254

Banning flights from China obviously didn't work because it got here anyway. He likes to pat himself on the back for that move but there was obviously no back up plan when it failed to keep the virus from our shores.

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

Trump said he knew it was a pandemic by looking at other countries. Did he look at China? Why didn’t he act as if there was one?

1 Like Save    
socks(10a)

I heard the Romney comment. Trump's reply was a lie, like always. On rare occasions he reels himself in.

1 Like Save    
Gizmo

On January 30, two weeks after declaring there was no evidence of human
to human transmission, the WHO declared a global health emergency. The next day, January 31, Trump declared a national health emergency, and Trump also banned flights from China on January 31.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Trumps ban didn't include freight/cargo shipments from China that were brought in by Chinese pilots/crew and ship captains/crew.

2 Likes Save    
socks(10a)

I'm so sorry about Amy's husband. I assume this means she has been exposed as well.

Save    
vedabeeps

The medical community has been warning of a pandemic for years. There is absolutely no excuse for the US to not have a pandemic plan in place and a stockpile of universal necessary supplies such as basic protective gear for healthcare workers.

7 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Can you point us to the OBAMA stockpile?

2 Likes Save    
Toby

On January 24 there was published evidence of human-to-human transmission.

From Jan 10, 2020, we enrolled a family of six patients who travelled to
Wuhan from Shenzhen between Dec 29, 2019 and Jan 4, 2020. Of six family
members who travelled to Wuhan, five were identified as infected with
the novel coronavirus. Additionally, one family member, who did not
travel to Wuhan, became infected with the virus after several days of
contact with four of the family members. None of the family members had
contacts with Wuhan markets or animals, although two had visited a Wuhan
hospital.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30154-9/fulltext

Save    

How long does TRUMP need in order to start implementing policy?

3 years wasn’t enough.

Does he need a full four? If that isn’t enough should we give him four more? Maybe if we let him be President for Life he’ll find the time to create a pandemic response.

Save    
mudhouse

Banning flights from China obviously didn't work because it got here anyway. He likes to pat himself on the back for that move but there was obviously no back up plan when it failed to keep the virus from our shores.

bfox, nobody thinks it was ever possible to keep the virus outside of the US; it was already here, no doubt, at the time the flights were stopped. The ban on flights from China and from Europe accomplishes the same thing as the current attempts on social distancing and isolation; it keeps a terrible situation from getting worse so quickly that our medical system has no chance at all of keeping up with the demand. That would cost even more human lives than we're already going to experience.

I think you know this.

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

There is a stockpile of supplies but they need to be increased for a pandemic. Some states are getting them and others are having a hard time. Trump doesn’t have the expertise he needs to coordinate these resources or production of more.

https://www.propublica.org/article/heres-why-florida-got-all-the-emergency-medical-supplies-it-requested-while-other-states-did-not

1 Like Save    
Toby

Of course we knew the virus would show up here unless the whole world had closed its borders to China in December. Now we can only mitigate the harm. Between January 31 and two weeks ago, what did the federal government do to prepare the medical community for the surge of patients with pneumonia? What did they tell the public so that we could prepare? We were told to get two weeks' worth of groceries and supplies in case we got sick or had to self-isolate due to exposure. We were not told that it could take months of social distancing and restrictions and that we should get our lives in order. That failure is what Trump and Co. are responsible for.

1 Like Save    

he doesn't know if the surfaces he touched wherever he was had the virus on them

German doctors traced Patient One's Covid-19 strain to a Chinese woman who had been in Germany. She passed the contagion to others when she was in Munich; she was asymptomatic at the time and tested positive for the virus when she returned to China. One of the Europeans with whom she had contact passed the virus to Patient One.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

It’s been 2 months now since it was declared an emergency. Where are the tests? Where are supplies? Who is manufacturing them?

4 Likes Save    
Kathy

Margo, did you read the article I posted about the stockpiles you were asking about?

1 Like Save    
vedabeeps

“Can you point us to the OBAMA stockpile?“

My comment did NOT blame any one person or celebrate another. I spoke to the problem regardless of who the current President is. In the supposed “best country in the world,” this is a pretty basic necessity.

However, since you asked I looked it up:

”The Obama administration walked incoming Trump administration officials through a hypothetical scenario in which a pandemic worse than the 1918 Spanish flu shut down cities like Seoul and London in early 2017, Politico reported.

During the briefing, Trump administration officials were told such a pandemic would likely lead to circumstances such as shortages of ventilators and that a coordinated national response would be "paramount," according to documents obtained by the publication.

Of the Trump administration officials present during the meeting, about 66 percent no longer serve in the White House, according to Politico.

"The advantage we had under Obama was that during the first four years we had the same White House staff, the same Cabinet," former Deputy Labor Secretary Chris Lu, who was present for the meeting, told the publication. "Just having the continuity makes all the difference in the world."

If you are truly interested there is quite a bit of information at your fingertips. The rest of this particulat article is here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/policy/healthcare/488069-obama-officials-walked-trump-aides-through-global-pandemic-exercise-in-2017%3famp

9 Likes Save    

Lol Trump proudly dismantled any policy/program that did exist. That’s fine with me IF it was ineffective and IF it is replaced with something that works. Neither is true in this case. It doesn’t take a stable genius with a special talent for medicine to know that the globe is going to be facing more plague and pestilence as populations increase and ecosystems change drastically.

Stockpiles eventually disintegrate; they need to be rotated and replaced. For the last THREE YEARS that has been the responsibility of the TRUMP administration. Even IF Obama admin didn’t foresee a need, that does not let Trump off the hook. It doesn’t take someone who knows more than everyone else about just about everything to know that it makes sense to have back-up supplies in reserve and to keep them in good repair.

Does Trump want to lead, or does he want to whine about Obama? If he knows what Obama did so badly and he didn’t fix it immediately doesn’t that imply that he has done just as poorly?

6 Likes Save    
Kathy

I understand the Trump admin failed their pandemic test then and they are failing now. They should have seen their weaknesses and prepared for them but instead Trump plays the blame game.

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

OK- so if Obama walked the incoming Trump administration officials through a hypothetical scenario, then they must have showed the Trump administration where the hypothetical supplies and tests are. Where are they?

2 Likes Save    

queenmargo you say yourself that you read little and don’t follow much news.

If you did, you would have the information that you are asking for.

Whether you believe it or not is an entirely different story, but going by your own gut and Trump’s words is not any way to understand *factual* information.

12 Likes Save    
Gizmo

queenmargo

Obama had 8 looooooong years, that stockpile and policy must be somewhere????? SOS,.....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So what you're saying is, for 3 yrs Trump has known about low stockpiles... and did nothing?

You're Obama/ODS bashing doesn't work like you think it does- it actually makes Trump look worse with his inaction.

12 Likes Save    
maifleur03

I wrote that "snide" remark and if anyone sees it as being snide that is on them. If they think knowing that a person was exposed and that person continued their normal activities around the people that they are normally with is what everyone should do just go for it. After all why stay home if you could pass it like he did.

1 Like Save    
dandyfopp

The information came straight from the website of the WHO mudhouse, sorry.

Ya'll can't clean this up for Donnie and you can't Obama his way out of it.

8 Likes Save    
elvis

Sad seeing the politicization of Mr Klobuchar's dire situation.

I agree, Nana. So why doesn't everyone go back and delete every comment they posted on every thread that contains anything remotely political, if it pertains to a victim of COVID-19.

It would certainly clean up this board.

3 Likes Save    
heri_cles

In response Trump said, "that's too bad."

The reporter who'd mentioned Romney then stopped his question, and said to Trump, "Is that a sarcastic comment?"

Trump said "No." Then he went on with the reporter.

--------------------

Did you expect Trump to admit he made a sarcastic remark? LOL.

3 Likes Save    

I hear Trump’s tone as inauthentic and sarcastic most of the time.

I realize that perception is based at least in part on my own preconceived ideas.

So if he says he wasn’t being sarcastic I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on that one.

It harms no one to accept that he was sincere and adds to the overall positivity of the world which I happen to believe is actually impactful.

But it does make me appreciate people who can easily express genuine sympathy all the more.

1 Like Save    
elvis

Open your mind.

1 Like Save    
Toby

The reporter wasn't being snide at all. Trump asked who was isolating as it came as a surprise to him that four Senators were. He was unaware that Romney was isolating and he said "Gee. That's too bad" with a clear emphasis on "Gee" and a slight smirk.

Video is here.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/president-trump-after-hearing-of-mitt-romneys-isolation-due-to-coronavirus-exposure-gee-thats-too-bad-2020-03-22

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

How could Obama have left the tests we need for Covid-19?

" ... then they must have showed the Trump administration where the hypothetical supplies and tests are. Where are they?"

Save    

elvis

19 minutes ago

Open your mind.

———

elvis did you bother to read past my first sentence? The rest of the comment literally acknowledges that my perception is partly a “me” problem and that I therefore deliberately choose to believe him in this.

How much more open can my mind be on it?!

1 Like Save    

Thanks for the video, Toby.

That clear emphasis on "Gee" pushes the comment into a gray area, not a particularly presidential response to news that someone has been exposed to Covid-19. Some acknowledgement of what the four senators were doing would have been nice.

1 Like Save    
terezosa / terriks

"the virus lives on surfaces dormant."

Not true. Plus viruses aren't technically "alive". They can only reproduce in a host body.

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/new-coronavirus-stable-hours-surfaces

2 Likes Save    
kadefol

Trump's response has certainly been very deficient, but the situation would be scary regardless. For example, our local hospital is proud that they've now increased ICU beds to 14, plus they have 43 hospital beds. For a city of 25,000 and a county population of 26,000. Not reassuring at all, actually quite scary because that means only 57 people out of 51,000 would be taken care of if they required hospitalization. That comes to 0.001%. From what I've read, the complication rate is quite a bit higher than that. And our situation seems to be the norm, not the exception.

Save    
katrina_ellen

"Not true. Plus viruses aren't technically "alive". They can only reproduce in a host body. "

, I thought I was clear but not to someone who wants to nitpick. Viruses lay on surfaces dormant, and yes, they need to enter the body in some way to activate. That's virus 101. My point is, you don't have to know anyone who traveled or anyone who has it-you just pick it up off surfaces. Easy peasy.

Save    
Cindy Outter

"Viruses lay on surfaces dormant, and yes, they need to enter the body in some way to activate."

When people ask questions, they are not being nitpicking, as the above comment is incomplete, and ambiguous. It gave the impression that viruses could stay on surface indefinitely just wait to be picked up. In fact, viruses could only survive for limited time.

In addition, I doubt viruses are in dormant state until entering hosts. They are either alive, or dead, as they have to be alive to allow themselves to attack hosts once they give the chance entering a host, such as through hands touching face.

Here are a couple Questions and Answers cited from Coronavirus Resource Center, published by Harvard Health Publishing, Harvard Medical School

https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/coronavirus-resource-center

"How long can the coronavirus stay airborne? I have read different estimates.

A study done by National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases' Laboratory of Virology in the Division of Intramural Research in Hamilton, Montana helps to answer this question. The researchers used a nebulizer to blow coronaviruses into the air. They found that infectious viruses could remain in the air for up to three hours. The results of the study were published in the New England Journal of Medicine on March 17, 2020.

How long can the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 survive on surfaces?

A recent study found that the COVID-19 coronavirus can survive up to four hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard, and up to two to three days on plastic and stainless steel. The researchers also found that this virus can hang out as droplets in the air for up to three hours before they fall. But most often they will fall more quickly.

There's a lot we still don't know, such as how different conditions, such as exposure to sunlight, heat, or cold, can affect these survival times.

As we learn more, continue to follow the CDC's recommendations for cleaning frequently touched surfaces and objects every day. These include counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets, and bedside tables.

If surfaces are dirty, first clean them using a detergent and water, then disinfect them. A list of products suitable for use against COVID-19 is available here. This list has been pre-approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for use during the COVID-19 outbreak.

In addition, wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap and water after bringing in packages, or after trips to the grocery store or other places where you may have come into contact with infected surfaces."

Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

Klobuchars husband released from hospital.

14 Likes Save    
Toby

Thank you for the update. Hope he wasn't released too soon, as has been the case where patients appear to improve before taking a turn for the worse.

Save    
leona_2008

Wonderful news! Thanks, Izzy.

Save    
Nana H

Good to hear

Save    
Ann

I heard that news. Fantastic news!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Fun Houzz Don’t Be a Stickybeak — and Other Home-Related Lingo From Abroad
Need to hire a contractor or buy a certain piece of furniture in the U.K. or Australia? Keep this guide at hand
Full Story