SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_smith6227819

Catch 22 situation

Kathsgrdn
4 years ago

So I've been mildly ill with a respiratory virus the last week & a half. Thought I was getting better but today I woke up with a massive headache, sore throat, chills, mild nausea (probably due to the headache) and worsening cough. I called in sick and asked how long I can stay home without a doctor's note. 2 days, 3rd day have to have a note.

So I e-mailed my doctor through their patient portal and asked how do I get a note and what should I do since I know they aren't wanting me to come in to their office. I don't even know if tests are available in our county or if they are screening everyone or still demanding that anyone screened be in contact with someone who tested positive or came into close contact with someone who traveled to 4 specific countries.

My daughter was sick last week and had contact with people who recently traveled from 3 of those countries. I had contact with her and drank after her a few hours before she had any symptoms.

Our governor is asking any one with symptoms to stay home. I would like to do that but I will lose my job without a doctor's note and or a positive test. Can't get the test, can't stay home. I'm sure a lot of other people are or will be in my situation. Unfortunately I work with a lot of people with health risks. I have asthma myself.

Comments (45)