SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
liz_lilik

Home Office - Current Bane of my Existence

Liz Lilik
4 years ago

My home office gets a lot of use but it is ugly. I hate my furniture, I hate the layout, I hate the mess (another issue), I hate all the exposed cords and I hate all the exposed outlets. I really need design help and inspiration especially with the layout. The room measures:

- About 13ft x 10ft

- Wall A = 13 ft with a window in the middle of it.

- Wall B has the small double doors.Entrance area measures 5'8" and a 2'5" x 4'5" bump out to the right of the door.

- Wall C is a little over 10ft because of the bump out on Wall B, and is where my L-shaped desk is currently set up facing Wall A. Wall C is also where most of the outlets are.

- Wall D = 10ft and is where I have bookshelves and printer right now.

Built-ins are not in the budget right now but I would be open to new furniture and a way to hide our ugly printer. I'd also love to have a love-seat or small couch. I'm not sure where furniture should be placed. Desk in middle of the room isn't very practical and I know it's not good to sit with back to window or door. I also like looking out the window but the current placement leaves no room behind me to cover cords. Pictures attached and inspo pick at end. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Wall A=

Wall B=

Walls C and D=

Wall D=

Inspo:

Dear Lillie Blog Inspo

Comments (12)