SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reesepbuttercup

Will this look out of date soon? Black metal finishes with dark cabs

I’m in the midst of purchasing a new home and I’m trying to decide how I feel about it. It’s a spec home and it is nearly complete, I had zero input on the design selections.

I‘m most concerned about the black metal finishes looking dated very soon. I also have some reservations about the dark cabinetry. It’s a dusk stained maple, so a very dark grayish brown. All the plumbing fixtures are black along with the lighting and door hardware. All walls are frosty white with a brighter white baseboard. Floors are a light brownish gray.

Its a very different look from my current home, which has a light airy cottage feel. I will have to get all new furniture, which again is very different from my current stuff. I guess I’m just nervous.

The kitchen. White 2x4 backsplash tiles set in a horizontal stack with pewter grout and a black schluter edge to be installed soon. Stainless appliances will be going in though I am considering switching them for black stainless in an effort to minimize the OTR microwave which I loathe.

Furniture and decor I am contemplating

My current decor is very neutral, but with lighter wood tones and without gray. I get that nothing will look timeless but will the kitchen finishes, and even the decor, look faddish relatively soon?

Comments (13)