SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_413452056

What’s happening to my DRACAENA??? :(

HU-413452056
4 years ago

Please help my poor dracaena! I can’t figure out what the problem is. When I bought him 2 months ago, i think there were always white areas where the green leaves stem out, like it looks kind of dusty. But lately, there is more of it, and in the crevices of the leaves, it looks dirty. The newest growth leaves are also turning yellow or brown. I sprayed the leaves off as best I could (not having access to a hose) and the white dusty look is gone, but there are still brown specks deep in the leaves. It looks like it could just be soil when I wipe it out but once a speck looked like it had legs.

So, he’s been isolated in my shower and treated with neem oil, in case it’s a pest, but the newest leaves are still dying. For reference, he usually sits in a west facing window, getting plenty of indirect light and I water with filtered water. I try not to overwater which is why I potted in an automatic watering planter, and another reason why I can’t hose down efficiently because the water will not be able to drain.

I’m not sure what steps to take because I can’t figure out the problem. I’m also paranoid because a pothos I purchased that same day just recovered from mealy bugs and now I discovered it has fungus gnats, so I’m extra jumpy about the dracaena. (They’re not in the same room anymore or ever side by side). I’m totally lost. Any insight Is really appreciated!!

Comment (1)