SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rmktst100

Sitting Area in Master Bedroom

Tanga Teasley
4 years ago

We're updating a home we've recently purchased that was built in 2006 and heavily decorated in the Tuscan style. Our first two renovation projects: 1) replace carpet with wood flooring (done); and 2) paint - replace brown/beige walls and trim with off-white for walls (SW Alabaster) and white trim, and replace brown ceilings (yes brown) with white. Many decorating dilemmas abound, but one that has me really stumped is what to do with a sitting alcove/area in the master bedroom. This area is 10' x 10' half decagon with 12 ft ceiling and 5 windows. Before and after pictures are attached. The chandelier would be updated (thinking a drum type) and adding a rug (not sure if a round or rectangle would work best). My husband suggested building a window seat or perhaps a low bookcase. I love to read and see it as an area to read and relax as it overlooks our pool. I'm trying to keep a Mediterranean feel to the house as there is a lot of travertine stone through out the home. Thanks in advance for advice.

Comments (15)