SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mxk3

Can't figure out why my sheets smell musty

mxk3 z5b_MI
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Before you even ask -- yes, I wash them in hot. I often add a pitcher of steaming water from the instant hot water thingamajig in the kitchen because my washer sucks and "hot" isn't really all that hot (more like a hot warm). Anyway, I can't figure out why my sheets never smell fresh. I usually change them weekly and only have two sets, meaning they're in the closet for a week after washing. I double-check that they're completely dry before putting away (because my dryer sucks too and usually have to run it 1.5 cycles to completely dry anything) and I dry on high setting. I have been using 7th Gen liquid -- I've been out of the powder for a while so have been using the liquid, not sure if that's it or something else. None of my other stuff smells this way, it's only the sheets that have this mustiness. Any ideas? I did buy a new box of powder today, so if it is the detergent that solves that; still, that wouldn't explain why the other items which are washed with the liquid don't have the smell.

Comments (19)