SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elizabaer

Conv Oven + Speed Oven + Toaster -- Enough?

Eliz
4 years ago

We're looking forward to a kitchen remodel and I'd love some advice. I've read a lot of input here and I *think* I know what I want to do, but a lot of posters seem to have pretty elaborate set-ups beyond what I'm interested in, so want to be sure I'm not missing something...

We currently have a dual-fuel range, microwave, and large Breville toaster oven. We use the toaster oven daily, mostly for toast, but also melting cheese on sandwiches and sometimes small bakes it doesn't make sense to fire up the larger oven for. We use the microwave weekly, mostly for reheating leftovers. Most of my cooking is on the stovetop, but I also use the full size oven regularly. We don't often host large gatherings, but do once in a while and probably will more in the future.

Here's what I'm thinking:

- Cooktop (I'm probably going to switch from gas to induction, but that's not the focus of this post)

- Convection wall oven

- Speed oven

- Toaster or toaster oven

I'm thinking I don't need a steam oven (I bake bread, but get satisfactory results in my current setup) or a warming drawer.

We have what I would consider a nice sized kitchen, but I think by Houzz standards, it's probably considered quite small :) I doubt that I will actually use the speed cook function much, if at all, because that's just not how I cook. My logic for this set-up, then, is that we use the microwave often enough that I can't do without it and I'd LOVE to not have to have a dedicated space for it. The speed oven gives me the pure microwave functionality, but then in the rare situations where my single oven is full (or when I don't need the size), I would also have the second convection oven. Is this right -- I can use that unit as a regular microwave, but also as a decent regular oven? Or does it really only excel in combi mode? Seems we'll still need a toaster or toaster oven for toast, as that is essentially the only thing this setup won't do.

The other consideration is that maybe the speed oven is overkill? If I'm not going to use the speed cook functionality, should I just stick with a regular microwave and my Breville for toasting and occasional second oven use?

What am I missing?

Thanks!!

Comments (16)