SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jodifina

Suggestions on Updating Foyer

jodifina
4 years ago

I would like to update my foyer. The colors are drab and typically it is darker as the only light comes from the front door and a little from the adjoining rooms (no large second story window). I like the idea of having some sort of mirror to reflect light and just because. but not sure if one should go on the wall where it is currently hung. I also think the oval shape is not workign and looks pretty "blah". The paper tacked up on the wall is a light blue/grey herringbone grasscloth. It doesnt show up in pictures. Im thinking of putting that on all the exposed walls here as well as walls at top of stairs. I'd like to get a new rug - round, rectangular? Perhaos a pop of color like a reddish oriental style (distressed vintage look not the typical maroon orientals from the 90s). Larger size i think and I'd like to decorate the table more. Perhaps chinoissoir jars? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Anyone able to photoshop to show the walls in that color? or show other items in there? Thanks so much!

Comments (14)