SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
becky22546

Typical Warranty for Basement Waterproofing on new construction

Becky
4 years ago

Anyone know what a typical waterproofing warranty would be on a newly constructed single family home? When we built our house I wanted concrete walls, but apparently that is rarely done in my region, and the builder recommended block walls with waterproofing. They said the waterproofing had something like a 20yr warranty. We decided to go with it since they had experience with it. The product looked decent enough upon install and we haven’t noticed any leaks in the 1st year. However, I just received a letter from the waterproofing company indicating that saying, “the system we installed has a renewable annual warranty. This warranty must be activated by the homeowner within 30 days of closing.”

I‘m seeing red right now! What professionals have a “renewable annual warranty“ on their work. I went to their website and there is no mention of cost. They want my contact information, so they can call me. I pulled out their invoice and it had no mention of warranty—renewable or not. What would you do? My parents live 2 mins away and their basement (block walls) leaks like crazy when we get heavy rains. It is not uncommon for us to suck up 10 large shop vacs full of water.

Comments (11)