Clever bookcase
6 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (13)
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
Related Discussions
Any clever bathroom storage ideas?
Comments (25)We have his and hers vanities that each have towers with adjustable shelves, outlets, and a valance. I prefer to have just the pretty countertop accessories out so I designed my side with all concealed storage. I'm right-handed so the things I use each day are on the right side cabinet, toiletries etc on the top and hairdryer & curling brushes on the bottom. The left side has storage for some misc bathroom accessories and my contact lens supplies on the top. My curling iron and brushes fit on the bottom. My husband's vanity and towers are very similar but he preferered to have open shelves on the lower half of his towers so that the things he uses each day are in view. I love threads like this because there are always some really creative ideas that I would have never thought of!...See MoreMy very own bookcase! (many pics)
Comments (53)Hey Williamsburg Jane, I don't know what became of that little wooden church I built for the school project, but as of three years ago, that "teacher" had risen up through the ranks quite well. Guess when you assume your students are liars you can advance quickly? ;) Today, I went up into the attic and dug out some old books stuffed into boxes. It's so nice to have all my books out in the open! Thanks again for the lovely compliments. I nearly chickened out on this project at countless intervals, because I thought, "I'll just let my husband finish this," and then I thought, "Nope. I want this to be my own work, even if it ends up looking like something Homer Simpson built." I really do think most women are far more capable than they give themselves credit for....See MorePaint Bookcase to Match Wall Color or Leave?
Comments (19)Thank you - trying to see this as an opportunity to have some fun and do some updates, with the kind and clever help of all of my fellow Houzzers! But is sure is going to be an expensive paint job! There is some minimal damage on the bookcase, and the insurance company will have a great paint job done on it, if I want. I have been so conflicted about keeping the "depth" and trying to have it been in. Here is a photo of how the rest of it looked. I have gotten a lot of great advice, and have decided to remove the snowshoes (it used to be a vacation rental) and the dark mirror, and add as side panels to the current sheers these: And paint the mantel this natural color in the curtains. Thoughts?...See MoreRefinishing bookcases and creating a library/lounge and dining room
Comments (41)@Woodbern I hired someone to paint for me, so I don't know all the details on the steps they took to prep the wood. I think what you will need to do will depend on the condition and type of your surface and the type of paint you choose. I used 2 gallons of Sherwin Williams 7006 "Extra White" semi-gloss over one gallon of a water based primer (similar to Kilz but SW brand). Hope that helps! Good luck!!...See More- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
Related Stories

HOUZZ TOURSHouzz Tour: Clever Storage Ideas From a Manhattan Duplex
A bookcase on tracks, wall-spanning storage, a Murphy bed and more give a comedy writer flexibility for working and living at home
Full Story
FUN HOUZZBye-Bye, Boring Bookcase: Inventive Ways to Store Your Reads
Discover book storage as wild as a thriller's plot twists and as useful as a how-to manual
Full Story
STORAGEWatch an Innovative Bookcase Convert Before Your Eyes
Judge the problem-solving ability of these rotating shelves for yourself, but we think it’s an open-and-shut case
Full Story
THE HARDWORKING HOMEClever Ways to Rethink the Linen Closet
The Hardworking Home: Get rid of those toppling piles with these ideas for organizing bedding, towels and more
Full Story
STORAGEHidden in Plain Sight: 10 Cleverly Closeted Home Spaces
Tuck your home office, wine collection or even your entire kitchen behind closed doors for all of the function and none of the clutter
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDES8 Clever Ideas for the Space Under the Stairs
This small area can be an ideal spot for a reading nook, playspace, mini office and more
Full Story
LOFTSIt’s a Wrap: Bookcase Walls Create Bedrooms in a Loft
In a Brussels warehouse loft, bedroom islands constructed for privacy are paneled in wood and bookcases
Full Story
SMALL SPACESClever Ways to Fit a Bed Into a Small Space
By looking high and low and in between, you can find room for a bed — and more — for yourself or a guest
Full Story
DESIGN DETAILSThe Clever Details Designers Use to Upgrade Interiors
Gain confidence in your decorating decisions by exploring these expert tricks
Full Story


yoyobon_gwOriginal Author