SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robotropolis

robo random questions thread

robo (z6a)
4 years ago

This is where I will post all my small and random questions about house buying, house designing, and househunting. Also feel free to post your own random questions.

Two questions to start:

Would you ever do laminate instead of hardwood in a mid priced new home with a small child and a big dog? I’ve seen it become more common in my price range. In our climate/area tile throughout is a huge no-no.

What do you think of this house? It’s been hanging around on the market for a year.
https://www.remaxnova.com/residential/halifax-real-estate/5826-pine-hill-drive-halifax-mls-202001176

It would be about the same price as it would be to build, pros are that it’s in the best school district in the city, still close to work, and very close to the best park in the city. Cons are that it is across the street from a moderately busy rail cut (2-3 trains a day), obviously isn’t new, and would require updating over time that we couldn’t afford to do right away (looking at that dismal windowless bath upstairs for example — in my world this becomes the laundry and we convert a bed into a bath).

Comments (108)