SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deena_lang

kitchen cabinetry dilemma PLEASE HELP

Deena Lang
4 years ago

We are in the midst of a kitchen remodel which we worked on with an interior designer. she mapped everything out and gave us blueprints and we then ordered all of the materials and are planning to do the install. The original design includes a 27-in cabinet to the right of the stove along with a 3-in spice drawer. My husband at the last minute decided he would like more seating space in our nook to the right and decided to order a 24-in microwave drawer to go next to the stove with the thought that that would give us six extra inches of space to get in and out of our tight nook space. wow I don't take issue with the idea that we do need more space, I feel that that throws our entire design in terms of what the wall is going to look like. our plan is backslash and open shelving with a sconce over either side to the left and right of the range hood. initially, the design had the shelves measured out equally and it was very aesthetically pleasing and balanced. I now have no idea how to pivot with this change to the design and my designer is on vacation for the next month. any and all help/advice would be appreciated. is it going to look as unbalanced as I feel it will if we do 24-in shelves on the right side and 36-in shelves to the left? and if we go with that look should there be two sconces on the left and one on the right?

Comments (6)