SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patti_yohe

Sea Pearl quartzite...search for kitchen backsplash tile...again

Peke (Patti)
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I have several posts going that I need to resolve before I have the backsplash installed. 1. Gap behind vent hood that needs closed and 2. Bad seam and bad caulk on counter at back of rangetop. So while I am hoping for advice on those two, here are my tile choices.

Long story short...fabricator either didn't measure correctly or didn't cut correctly on my countertop quartzite. He had to buy a new slab since he messed mine up. Instead of picking up the matching slab that I had set aside, he saved money for himself by picking up a Sea Pearl that didn't match and didn't have the same texture. Color tones are totally different between my original slab on the island and the slab he had to redo. So, I am trying to match the Sea Pearl on the perimeter counter instead of the island Sea Pearl.

My phone does not show the true colors, but here are the pictures. (And the different sizes, colors, and shapes that are available.) Please let me know your opinions about which shape and size to use, and WHY you would make that choice. (Medium oak cabinets with stainless steel appliances, and possibly a stainless steel panel behind the Bluestar so I can fix the gap behind the vent hood.)

The bronze/gold veins are not as prominent as they appear in the pictures. Plus everyone's computer monitor shows different colors.

Island Stone matte glass tiles: 2" x 8" or 3.5" x 12" or 6" x 12" or 3" hexagon or 5.5" x 3.5" elongated hexagon.

Island stone Stratos on left. Middle tile is Sonoma Astoria Gibson. Right tile is Sonoma Astoria Gin Fizz.

The Sonoma Astoria are 6" x 12". I can get 3" x 9" also.

Stratos, Gibson, Breeze, Gin Fizz

Sonoma Astoria Silk (matte) Sizes: 3" x 6" or 3" x 9" or 6" x 12" or elongated hex 6 7/8" x 2 1/4" or

tumbler 4 1/2" x 2 1/2" and a pencil tile trim 1/4" x 12"

Bergamot, French, Moscow Mule

Manhattan, Southside

French, Southside, Manhattan, Gin Fizz, Gibson, Moscow Mule

Southside, Manhattan, Gin Fizz, Gibson, Bergamot

Left is Bergamot (color) in glossy 6" x 12" and Highball matte (elongated hex).

Right is Bergamot in glossy Tumbler.

Market Collections Astoria: Tumbler (shape) in glossy Gibson (color). Horrible color in this picture.

The large tile is the same Gibson, but in Silk (matte).

Sizes and shapes: Gibson Tumbler, 3" x 9" Manhattan, 6" x 12" Manhattan, Bergamot Highball. Ignore the tile on top.

I know the pictures of the countertop sometimes look yellowish green and sometimes gray. Sometimes, the veins look bronze or gold, but they are not as strong as the pictures show.

The blue and green tiles work well in real life, but not in pictures.

So, any advice about size or shape? I want very thin grout and as little grout as possible.

Backsplash will be 14 ft long and 18" tall. Behind stove is 42" w x 30" tall. (Tile or stainless steel.)

Thanks!

Comments (8)